Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 9

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Im goin out today to try and get us on the board first!!! For those that dont know me im Chris. I work 3rd shift and usually only hunt mornings. I hunt Ohio and Kentucky. We need to get a team name. Here are some that I just popped off the top of my head:

Tree Top Assasins
Aerial Assault Crew 9
Elite Killers
Broadhead Bruins..

Fell free to throw out some names and we will all vote on the best ones.. Lets win this thing guys!!

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Im goin out today to try and get us on the board first!!! For those that dont know me im Chris. I work 3rd shift and usually only hunt mornings. I hunt Ohio and Kentucky. We need to get a team name. Here are some that I just popped off the top of my head:

Tree Top Assasins
Aerial Assault Crew 9
Elite Killers
Broadhead Bruins..

Fell free to throw out some names and we will all vote on the best ones.. Lets win this thing guys!!

I like the bold one.

I'm ready for sure. I'll get us 5 points right off the bat (well, hopefully) but I'm going to take my time on a buck and make sure I get a biggin. There's a few around I just gotta be there at the right time!

Hope everyone on all teams has a great, fun and safe season.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Does this get us any points?? Lol 23yd shot. We were told to shoot coons and groundhogs on sight and he would take care of it..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411124928.559136.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411124950.957315.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411124966.357890.jpg

Last edited:

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Me and you are gonna have to shoot some mighty big deer to win if they don't check in! We also have a filler spot but I think they are filling that one this weekend...

I'm ready to go! Deer have been moving around a lot here and the crossbow is sighted in and new broadheads are on and tested. I'm self employed so I will be spending a lot of time in the woods. I already told my guys don't expect much help from me until I fill my tags.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Hahaha I'm usually out in the mornings. I work 3rd shift and get off at 6am and I can be at either one of my KY farms in 20min. So I change right before I clock out get to the farm smoke up then head out. Im hoping this year will be a good year to justify spending the $260 for license and tags. Time will tell..

I believe if they are not checked in by wed the 24th they get booted and replaced.. Hopefully that won't happen.. I will send them a pm a little later tonight.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Got a few good deer on cam but nothing patterned that I think is killable yet. Starting to see new cruisers everyday. Had a nice young 6x5 dogging does in my clover plot the other day for 30 mins but nothing I would shoot. I've got several 140+ deer on camera and a few bigger that are still hanging around TOO. Just need to spend a little more time relocating now that velvets off, been busy duck hunting.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Well I thought I had us on the board this morning.. Big ol doe cam out 27yds from me this morning, took her a while but she finally turned broadside and I let the Elite sing its song.. She jump kicked then took off tail in the air.. I felt good about the shot so I gave it about 10 min then got down and looked at my arrow.. NOT good. I was missing a vane and there was very very little blood on one other vane. I looked at the arrow shaft and it had a little meat and white hair on it. I looked for about 30 min for blood and saw nothing. Then as I was looking around I looked to the far end of the field and there was a doe standing there. Look at her through the binos and sure enough there was a small red spot on the very bottom of her chest. She then blew at me and jumped away.

Im thinking WTF I nail a coon in the head at 23yds last week and I cant hit a deer at 27yds!??! So I get back to the house and shoot at the target and sure enough something moved.. At 30yds I was 6in low and 1-2in left. That explains it! Well needless to say I am straightened back out now and gonna try again at a different farm in the morning.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
That sucks but at least you got it figured out. Good luck tomorrow!

I have a doe coming within a few feet of my blind every night now for a month. I imagine she will do it again Saturday evening and if so I will be sure to take pics and get us started on points. May hunt another property Saturday morning but it will be more of a scouting venture than anything. Real hard to get in there without bumping deer so the plan is to sit right inside the woods on a log and just see what I can see moving around. You never know though. Deer meat in the freezer is down to 1 pound of ground meat and two small steaks so the doe is getting an arrow. That meat would have been gone months ago but I started trying to conserve it once I got low.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
We are pretty low as well... Not nearly as low as you but then again we have 3 people that hunt. My ol lady, my son (every now and then) and myself all hunt. We usually do pretty good. Always give one to my grandma, one to my parents, one to her parents and usually try to donate one to Hunters for the Hungery. I hunt 2 states and Zone 1 in Ky is unlimited doe.

Last edited: