Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BJ

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Think I'm going to name this deer BJ (Big Jump), I let him go all last year with hopes he'd be a better deer this year and possible the following but never imagined he would of grown this much! He def made a big jump!

2013:

2014:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Real good jump. You think it was 2 to 3 or 3 to 4? If he's just 3, he could do that again. My experience has been the 3 to 4 jump is the biggest.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice jump indeed! I agree it was 2-3 as well and it would be very interesting to see what he would do if he gets through another year.

Last edited:

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I believe he's only 3 this year honestly, he's still a little weak on mass which usually happens at 4+. I almost hope he doesn't step in front of me this year just so I can see what he blows into as a 4 yr old. If he made this big of a jump with as harsh a winter as we had I would think if he survives another year he could be something really special. Problem is if he does step out in front of me and I'm having a tough year..... he may get whacked! All of my farms have numerous other people hunting them and I don't have a single parcel anymore to myself except my own 11 acres which doesn't "hold" any deer!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Make it hold deer!

Impossible when I'm surrounded by 70+ acres of CRP. I've got 2 acres of CRP, 4 acres of beans, .5 acre of clover, .5 turnips surrounded by plot screen. I have deer on my property they just don't live there or "hold" there in my mind.

rsmith

He is a hoss! I can completly understand what you mean by not letting him pass and I wouldn't either, but just imagine if you could pass for one more year, he would be huge!