Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It's official!!!

As of an hour ago, I accepted an offer presented to me this weekend by American Energy Partners out of Oklahoma City. I will be joining the Marcellus side of their business in the Field and Water Management Division as a Field Representative. It will be a bit of a departure from my current roll as an Operational Landman, but many of the same principles will remain. I will be assigned to a rig and it will be my job to secure the pad agreement, facilitate the pad build, get water to/from the pad, road maintenance, contractor/regulatory relations, monitor erosion and sediment control, pad maintenance, and settle damages/deal with the landowner(s) that will pertain to that individual rig.

It would be hard for me to say what my actual dream job would be, but in my current field, this is my dream job. It comes with many of the same perks I have now, and with many that are well above normal industry standards. Overall, this is a life changing move and I couldn't be happier with the opportunity!

The only drawback is that my office is in Cambridge for the time being. That's a 75-80 minute commute. However I may only be there 1-2 days a week and the rest of the time will be in the field. I'm currently on the road 3 days a week now and AEP bought the fields I usually work in, so I'll be in the same fields I've worked in the past 8 years. Eventually they will build an offer closer to home, so it will only be a temporary inconvenience. Oh, and I'll have to drive a Chevy now! :smiley_blackeye:

I wanted to share with my TOO family as this is something I've really been hoping for and something I really needed. It comes with tremendous upsides for the future of our family. If all goes well, in 5-6 years I will be MILES and MILES ahead of where I would have been otherwise. Working for AEP is the pinnacle of the industry right now. The main man was the same man who took Chesapeake to the top and he aims to do the same with AEP. I was reluctant to go back to corporate America, but if you want to chase that dollar, big companies is where its at. I'm gaining a week of vacation, have no set schedule and was told in my interview: "Work hard, play hard and family comes first." So while my first foray in corporate America didn't go well, I think it will be much better this time around!

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Congrats Jesse! It's great to see all the people in a part of the country that has struggled for so long getting these great opportunities.