Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jackalope's cam pics.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Been a slow year for cam pics for me. No real pigs like in years past. A couple of factors influence that but it's mostly contributed to every field on these adjoining farms being in beans this year. Miles of beans. Realizing this was going to be a factor coming into the season, I started running multiple bait piles in June. They seem to have done a good job of holding the does in, and keeping the bucks hanging around past velvet. Which in years past has been tricky since these dear love to migrate after peeling.

I'm still confident something may show up once the bucks on surrounding properties start scouting for pockets of does over the next month.

But for now I only have a couple in the 130s. The perfect double throat patch on this first buck puts him in trouble.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410786148.780041.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410786164.631660.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410786182.516802.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410786195.442282.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah buddy, that double throat patch would sure make a purdy mount!!

I've had him on cam most of the summer in this location but he disappeared for about a week and a half while he peeled. He's been showing up about 7:30am and 8:00pm for the past 4 days since he peeled and hangs around about 30 minutes. That cam must be real close to his bedroom.