Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

dirtnapgear?

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Anybody try the DRT broadheads?

I got my bow back from milo last week and he informed me that all my magnus heads were bent. So before I go get new ones I thought I'd look at what else is around. I found some good reviews on the drt heads along with a lifetime warranty. They will also let you buy just one to try out before you purchase a whole . I ordered one last week but the post office seems to have lost it. Says it made it to Stubenville last Tuesday and has been "missent" ever since. I contacted the company yesterday and another one is being sent but I'm running out of time. I don't have a problem buying another pack of buzzcuts if I have to, but the drt heads look cool.

I can either wait for the single head, try it, and if I like it, order a pack and hope they get here by the 27th. Or I can go ahead and order a pack and hope I like them, or I can go ahead and get anot her pack of buzzcuts.

I guess I was just wondering if anybody has tried them and what their impressions are.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I don't know about those heads . But if your Magnus heads are bent I'm pretty sure they have a lifetime warranty

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
My DRT head made it today, along with a hand written note, nice touch.

Initial impressions are good. Nice solid head, doesn't wobble in the ferrule. Razor sharp! Shaved the hair off my arm with no problem. Spin good on the arrow. Can't wait till I get home from work tomorrow to see how she flies. Keep ya all posted.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

That is the drt and a buzzcut from 30 yards. The drt got slightly better penetration by about 3 inches even though it has a wider blade. The bleeder is at the front of the ferrule instead of the rear which eliminates the small piece of the ferrule that needs to be removed to change the blade on the buzzcuts. That small piece also seems to be what loosens up and causes the main blade to wobble.

I'm not being a magnus hater, but I think I'll go with the DRT heads this year.