Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My Girls First Bow

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
What a awesome day. Headed over to BassPro today and got my daughter set up with her first bow the Diamond Infinite Edge. She is thirteen and is starting out at 30 pounds draw and will move up slow but sure. They got her grouping pretty good at ten yards and then back to twenty. Could not be happier with the staff at basspro as we were there close to three hours as they started her on the store bow (the pink one) then set her up with the one we bought, the camo one. This kid is happy happy happy!!!!! DSC07075.jpgDSC07076.jpgDSC07078.jpg

The diamond I.E. is a get starter bow for teens and young adults serous about getting into archery. Get her a nonfireable training release so she can draw it and build up her muscles. That and dont let her draw it with her fingers. These short ATA bows string derail pretty easy if drawn with fingers

Last edited:

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Thanks guys!!! Thanks Archertl for the heads up on the drawing with fingers. Went and shot last night and she is already telling me she wants it turned up but i told her that she will get there soon enough. I taught myself so i had all the bad habits of shooting to much weight when starting out so i'm glad she is doing it the right way.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Awesome. Always good to see more people shooting bows. Good luck to her.