Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How's the acorns in your area?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Got a white oak in my back yard not very old either but my ground is covered with acorns under this tree.

uploadfromtaptalk1410570633017.jpg

Jus wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I wouldn't say we are overloaded, but its a decent year. Not all our oaks produced, but the strategic ones did. That's all I can ask for.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I went up to the sugar woods today to check out the food plots and acorns are falling good. Lots of them...

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
All of my spots are loaded this year too. I have one spot in an oak flat that was barren last year, but this year you can't take a step without hearing a crunch. Can't wait to hunt that stand.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Loaded oaks are a two edged sword. Great food source, but deer won't have to move far to feed. It really messes up our farm with the corn north of us. They stay in that corn and can come out anywhere along a 400 yard edge to hit the oaks. Its purely a guessing game on where they will be.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's a very good year for acerns here in my area of the SW. It'll be a biggie reason why deer harvest numbers will be down cuz they'll say we were hunting the plots and field edges instead of oak flats....lmao

rsmith

Acorns are dropping hard by me, the whole grounds covered with them, well the remains of them they are destroying them