Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

No bucks on camera.

PSE13

Shelby
So I have had my camera out for awhile now and I have only captured 1 picture of a buck. Other than that one buck I have all kind of pictures of does. Just curious as too why no bucks are coming around.

rsmith

i had the same problem last year late seaon, it is just the way your bucks in your area are patterning right now. If you have lots of does now make sure they stay right where they are at, when late October rolls around and the rut start coming into swing I would be in that stand all day, bucks will be where the does are, I know it is frustrating and upsetting to not have bucks but if you have deer coming in now, just keep feeding them or whatever you are doing and keep the pressure in the area zero to none and they will come.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I seem to always have bucks on cam but I rarely see them from the stand. Maybe since you see no bucks on cam you will see them from the stand???

rsmith

Bucks seem too be the only thing that walks in on me

That sounds like one heck of a problem.... :smiley_depressive: if I had that problem I would just spend a lot of time in the stand whenever I could

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Now is a tough time for getting pics of bucks. The acorns are dropping and IMO, velvet peel really messes with them. Things will come around in the next couple of weeks.

If you can find some isolated oaks or a solid rub line, that would be a good place to move your cams.

PSE13

Shelby
This is my first year using cameras. I wanted too see what's out there considering dad and I are the only two who hunt the woods and dad has never had a camera. I ha e seen bucks there and I have had them walk in while I was hunting. Just was curious to where them swamp donkeys be hiding at. Lmao

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Mike, the only swamp donkeys I've ever seen, I saw them without a camera. Some guys have good luck getting pics. I'd rather have good luck seeing them from the stand. If you know what I mean.