Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Job openings in central ohio?

teej89

NE PA
My gf is struggling hard to find a job right now. She's hostessing and bartending now for some cash but I'm still fronting the majority of the bills and all of our rent. Anyone know of any part-time or full-time positions around central ohio? I'm talking like columbus, lancaster, gahanna, grove city, reynoldsburg, canal winchester, lancaster, or even athens.

For what it's worth she also has a bachelors degree in communications from OU.

Thanks guys!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Not to rag on your GF, but I see some much of this today it really makes me sad. It is incredible how many young adults either through lack of foresight, bad guidance, or bad luck, leave college with a degree and end up spending months/years looking for a job/career. One of my SIL's friends was talking about her degree in music production and now she's on unemployment. Duh! I had a buddy get a teaching degree and spend 3 years working odd jobs before he got a part-time teaching degree.

College is overrated, but it is still almost a necessity. Sorry to hear she is having trouble getting a good gig.

teej89

NE PA
It really is sad. I really got an eye opener ever being with her. Outta her friends 3 of them are on unemployment. All my friends are engineers like me and have never had an issue finding jobs except from 07-09 but We were in college then.
Today if you go to college you may as well stay in and get a masters or it's almost equivalent to having a high school degree if your major isn't specific. It's so sad but true.

I knew a girl that was getting her bachelors at PSU and out of state in painting... Painting. Not art. Not art ed. Painting.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My wife and I have already agreed we will not pay for college for our kid(s) if they pick something stupid like art history, pottery or music therapy. If they want us to foot the bill, they better choose something that will create a bright future.

PSE13

Shelby
My parents didnt help pay for my college. I got some scholarships and the dealership that I'm wrenching at is help pay for the rest of it.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
and thanks red! I'll have her look into that for sure.

Once you click on Ohio just click on the dot for the area you want to see and you can click again to open to see what jobs are open. You can scroll and if you find something just click it and it will allow you to apply for that position. That can change week to week so keep checking back.

Buckmaster

Portage
Some of the better clubs girls excess $ 500.00 per night. That'll earn her keep :pickle:

Attachments

• Pole.jpg
    Pole.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 78

teej89

NE PA
Some of the better clubs girls excess $ 500.00 per night. That'll earn her keep :pickle:

Haha we do have one right down the road. Easy commute.

Once you click on Ohio just click on the dot for the area you want to see and you can click again to open to see what jobs are open. You can scroll and if you find something just click it and it will allow you to apply for that position. That can change week to week so keep checking back.

Thanks again! I'll check it out