Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Prescription eye glass questions

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I am new to the corrective eye glasses world. Contacts are not an option. How do you shoot your bow with the things??? The nose piece/rim of the glasses is right in my line of sight. Anyone have any tips, hints or suggestions? I asked if one piece glasses were available but they said no....I don't believe that.

That's the first thing I look for in glasses to make sure I have enough lens there where I look over my nose. You may have to alter the way you look though your peep some if it's right there at the bridge of the glasses. Maybe by turning your head slightly in towards your string? I can't wait to hear how you like shooting with them on when the humidity is high!! LOL...sucks getting old.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Adjust the pads on the bridge of the nose and the arms that go over your ears so they sit closer to your face. If you wear a facemask, keep it under your nostrils so the lenses don't fog up.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Been wearing glasses since I was 14 so 56 yrs. now. When I got new glasses in 2013 I went with the smallest lens I could get. I haven't had a problem shooting a bow with a peep. I wear my glasses as high as I can get and no problem.
I've never found a lens coating that would do away with the fogging.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Ugh. The glasses bit is horrible. I need my reading glasses to see thru the scope, but they affect my far distance vision, so I have to hang them part way down my nose (too close and they fog) then remember to shove them up before looking thru the scope.
I might try bifocals this year and see if it helps any.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I always had 2 pair of glasses one for daily wear and a second cheap pair for hunting. I wrapped white athletic tape around the nose piece
so they would sit high on my nose. The higher they were the more lense I had to look through.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I tried adjusting the position of my head a little bit. It helped. It felt awkward but I will get used to it. My arrows seemed to be about 1.5 inches left.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
An update on my eyeglasses dilemma: I bought larger glasses for hunting. They are working good. Fog up some when I'm climbing hills but I can deal with that.

An update on my eyeglasses dilemma: I bought larger glasses for hunting. They are working good. Fog up some when I'm climbing hills but I can deal with that.

When I head out for morning hunts I often just put my glasses in a case and in my back pack because they fog up so often. I can see decent enough to know where I'm going depending on where I am hunting so I don't have to worry about getting lost.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
When I head out for morning hunts I often just put my glasses in a case and in my back pack because they fog up so often. I can see decent enough to know where I'm going depending on where I am hunting so I don't have to worry about getting lost.

My vision is not all that bad, just sharper with the glasses. I thought about a case but that's just something else to hold scent. Using binos with glasses is different!!

Yeah but I smoke my case too LOL. I bent up a pair of glasses good two different times. The first time was when I put them on the seat of my climber as I was getting things ready and forgot about them when I sat down. They kept fogging on me and I was getting pissed at them, guess how I felt after I realized that was them hitting my platform and then the ground after I stood up to look for them. That morning sucked. The second time was just putting them in a pouch on my back pack for that morning walk in. I think all the stuff pressing on them caused them to bend pretty good in the middle. I just use the case now and know where I put it every time LOL.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

If I took my glasses off I would get lost in my back yard on the way out. Glasses just fog period so just carry a clean rag to wipe with.