Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Just lost respect for Brantley Gilbert

nis1

To each their own but seeing this left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not a huge Brantley Gilbert fan but I still lost respect for the guy because of this. Nothin like shootin farm raised deer. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410302166.991335.jpg

rsmith

At least he didn't lie about it and say that it was fair chase.

it is upsetting, but like stated above, glad he didn't say that he shot it fair chase. He was just looking for a monster wall hanger that's all. Hopefully he will get out and hunt like us and put hours in the stand

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Weather you want to shoot a deer in an 8×10 cage or chase it in thousands of acres to each their own. At the end of the day is still just a deer. One just cost the price of a good house and the other a decent truck.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I never had any respect for him in the first place. The dudes music needs to stop being referred to as country. Hell, he probably never hunted before this deer, that's why he had to get in the cage.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
And for $3,900-$13,900+ you can have your own adventure!

http://www.premierwhitetailretreat.com/rates.html

That is the first time I saw prices for one of these places. Good grief people are stupid.

Or don't have the time to sit in a stand for hours and days on end but still want to hunt. You know, there are days where I think I'm the stupid one for spending what I do a season to sit in a tree and watch squirrels and chipmunks run around all day.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Or don't have the time to sit in a stand for hours and days on end but still want to hunt. You know, there are days where I think I'm the stupid one for spending what I do a season to sit in a tree and watch squirrels and chipmunks run around all day.
That's what sane people do brother. Its not about the $ we spend, but the quality of the time spent. Staring at leaves knowing you did things the right way is much better than paying for livestock with antlers. I agree to each his own and so long as he's honest, I don't really care. However I still believe that guys like you and I that do it the hard way, are doing it the right way.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's what sane people do brother. Its not about the $ we spend, but the quality of the time spent. Staring at leaves knowing you did things the right way is much better than paying for livestock with antlers. I agree to each his own and so long as he's honest, I don't really care. However I still believe that guys like you and I that do it the hard way, are doing it the right way.

Don't disagree with you one bit. I'm just saying a deer is a deer is a deer. If you had a show schedule and on the road like some of these guys and some CEO's and other high rollers would you just toss your past out the window? Given short time they have it is a great alternative for them to some what stay with their roots,passions, or heritage isn't it? Not much different then any deer hunting show on the outdoor channel these days. They have people looking for big bucks and as soon as one is spotted they jump on the cell and give them the news. The crew comes in and they shoot the buck. Only difference is the fence is removed.