Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Funky arrow flight

PSE13

Shelby
I noticed today that my arrow are not flying as straight as I'd like them too. They seem too be wobbly during flight. Help would be much appreciated!

Strother23

Columbus, OH
It's not to difficult. Just have to shot you arrows through paper and it will show which way the arrow is moving though the air by how the paper tears. And you just make adjustments until the arrow flights strait. If this isn't something your comfortable doing I would suggest taking it to a shop or finding someone on here that is local to you to help. There is a lot of info on the internet about proper paper tuning.

PSE13

Shelby
I'm probably going too try adjusting the rest first and if that doesn't work I'll take it too the fun.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Mike if you are not comfortable working on your bow. Shoot Milo a pm. He has tuned mine and Austins bows. It might be a little longer of a drive than the fin but worth its weight in gold. I am sure he will be more than happy to help you out.

PSE13

Shelby
I don't have a problem with trying too paper tune it. As far as the drive in okay with driving. I drive 65 miles one way for school each day

PSE13

Shelby
Pretty sure I'm at 28.5 inch draw, 60 lbs and shooting a 400 spine. I'm pretty sure when I was choosing spine it was right between 340 and 400.

Treed

Stark County
Yeah, that sounds right. I'm shooting 29 inch shafts at 65 pounds and just fall into the .340 range. I've shot .400s though and they were definitely screwy in the air. That's why I asked. I would start with bare shafts through paper and go from there.

Treed

Stark County
If you can get ahold of one, I'd shoot a .340 just for kicks. It doesn't sound like you're under spined from your specs but it kind of does from the "wobbly" description. When in doubt, go with the stiffer shaft.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't have a problem with trying too paper tune it. As far as the drive in okay with driving. I drive 65 miles one way for school each day

I drive over 2 hours to let Milo do my bows. Well worth it. I will second Hoytmania on this one.

Treed

Stark County
Fletched. If it still looks all screwy in the air, driving two hours is a pretty good idea. It would be good to eliminate that variable before you make the trip though.

PSE13

Shelby
Yea I'm going to try too do that and see what happens. If it doesn't help I will be trying to set up a time with Milo