Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Almost there

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Corn is browning and leaves are starting to turn and even drop leaves. The bean fields around here are starting to turn yellow.

Won't be long now fellas and with the cooler temps moving in this next weekend will only speed things up. :pickle::smiley_clap:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Seen 4 out in the fields last night so the cool temps are allowing them to get up on their feet a little more and visible.

Now I just need to get with ol Rick and get squared away.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Have not forgot you. Suppose to start a job today for 3 weeks. That usually means off work at a certain time for a change.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
The farm that I hunt that always plants beans late got them in late again this year. Just now getting blossoms on them. Looks like a late season food source again this year. He never even took last year's off.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The farm that I hunt that always plants beans late got them in late again this year. Just now getting blossoms on them. Looks like a late season food source again this year. He never even took last year's off.

That guy kills me. This makes 4 years straight of beans and I doubt he takes these off. Should get some food plot seeds like frigid forage and have him plant the coves out to about the fence row running N/S by the big oak on that corner lmao. If he planted it the same time he plants his beans every year it would be awesome lol.

rsmith

All my corn in my garden is browning, pumpkins are turning dark orange, and a good amount of trees by me are turning already. Love it!! Also this weather up by me tickled mid 40's this morning, this will get them up and moving around

PSE13

Shelby
My girlfriend and I saw some the two the other night which durning one ran into the side of her car.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I got caught up on some HB episodes tonight. That's the only hunting show I'll usually watch, and if you haven't seen it, I recommend it. After watching a few episodes I just wanna get out there tommorow am!

angelzd28

Bachelor bucks are still together, glassed four bucks and about 15 does in the field behind my father iaws. Still haven't seen the big boy i glasses last month hopefully he's still around in about two weeks. Man it can't get here soon enough!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Found 3 fresh scrapes last night with 2 being under scrape branches I prepared when we planted food plots. Earliest I have seen scrapes at the farm since we've had it.

rsmith

Found 3 fresh scrapes last night with 2 being under scrape branches I prepared when we planted food plots. Earliest I have seen scrapes at the farm since we've had it.

Very cool! Got a couple scrapes as well, everything seams to be early this year but I'll take it.

We were down this past weekend and the corn across the road from my dad's is probably 90% browned. Some cobs out in the road getting munched on by critters too. Corn out on our place still has a decent amount of green left in most of the stalks. They put that stuff in about 3-4 weeks after the stuff across the road.

Diablo54

Outside
We were down this past weekend and the corn across the road from my dad's is probably 90% browned. Some cobs out in the road getting munched on by critters too. Corn out on our place still has a decent amount of green left in most of the stalks. They put that stuff in about 3-4 weeks after the stuff across the road.

Stay out of my corn! Lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Watch a stud 8 in a patch of late beans. He's all of 140 and within 3/4 of a mile from my single best stand. Hoping be likes to wander come rut! Beautiful grey coat and polished rack looked great in the setting evening sun.