Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's been official....Cabelas is Cincy bound!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I heard over the air waves on 700WLW a week or so ago that its finally official that Cabelas is coming to the Cincy area! West Chester area to be exact on Liberty Way I believe which is 5 minutes from my work...:pickle:

Construction starts on the 82,000 sq. ft. store next month and will be ready to open in a year from now sometime October 2015! WHOOHOO!!!!

They've been talking about this for over a decade and its finally going to happen!!! Maybe the competition with Bass Pro in Fairfield will bring with it some good deals down the road. It will also give us TOOzers living locally a place to hookup and shop around and visit TOO! :smiley_coolpeace:

You with me Danno,Joe,Frank,Chris and others?!?!? I'm stoked!

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Geez if they put it over there I'll have to drive across town to get to it. But it's better location right on close to I-75 and I-275 interchange. It will be a good place to for us TOOzers to meet up and visit. I'm ready.

But I just wonder if the radio station didn't confuse Cabelas with the new BassPro store going up? Well maybe not. First I hear of it since this June release.
http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...for-cincinnati-s-first-cabela-s.html?page=all

Last edited:
Boy are they expanding and then some. Must say something about on-line sales vs in-store sales. They have plans to build another Cabelas up near Pt. Huron, MI which would put them within about a half hour from my place. A good 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. to the one in Dundee, MI.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You're all just a bunch of lucky bastards ! :)

Not really we are just unlucky to live where all the masses of people live. They say there is 1 million people within 1 hr. drive of Cincy. Plus the interchange of I-75 and I-275. And then there's I-74 close by and I-70 just a hour drive North of there. All the main roads just come to Cincy to get across the Ohio River.
It's the location.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
So if they do that there'll be a Cabelas, a BassPro, and a Field and Stream within 25 miles on the same stretch of road.
And another Field andStream about 20 miles south of that in NKY

And none of them with any .22LR

Huckleberry Finn

Just looked it up...Dundee is 225,000 sq. Wheeling is 175,000.

I do like the one in Cbus and the ship to store is super nice.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Cabelas is pretty awesome. I had heard of it but never was in one until they built the one at Polaris (about 20 minutes from me). The officers of the club I belong to were offered a VIP tour before they opened and I went but was kind of like, eh whatever. When I saw the place I was like a kid on Christmas and pretty well blown away, lol. We couldn't buy anything because it wasn't open yet but I finally made it back a couple weeks ago. I could spend hours in that place just looking at stuff.

Glad you guys on the Southern side of the state get one too!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Here is the real bitch about the one in Wheeling. That was supposed to be in Williamstown, WV which is right across the river from Marietta. 25 minutes from my house. The dumb ass politicians in podunk Williamstown would not agree to the tax break/bracket that Cabelas requested, so Cabelas told them to fugg off and went to Wheeling. Still plenty of sour grapes over that down here.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've been to several out West when on hunting trips. Went to the one In Dundee, MI when taking a class up there before I went elk hunting and could lay down in a new sleeping bag. On the other hand my son won't even go to one when filling up with fuel across the road on a hunting trip. He did have to go in June when the 2 grandsons was with him and he claims he only treated the boys.
I rarely go to BassPro in Cincy. Just not my thing.
But looking forward to lunch with TOOzers. Maybe we could start meet at BassPro until they get the Cabelas built couple years from now just to practice up on meeting. Interested?

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
The Bass Pro that's being Built at Union Center is supposed to be 150,000 Sq. Ft. They pushed the date back to 2016 if Im not mistaken. Yes we are lucky to live this close to Bass Pro, future Cabelas (Which Ive never been TOO) and the Field and Stream in NKY (Which I have also never been TOO) but its also a curse. Its TOO easy to go in and spend a good deal of money. I like the idea of monthly lunch meetings.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here is the real bitch about the one in Wheeling. That was supposed to be in Williamstown, WV which is right across the river from Marietta. 25 minutes from my house. The dumb ass politicians in podunk Williamstown would not agree to the tax break/bracket that Cabelas requested, so Cabelas told them to fugg off and went to Wheeling. Still plenty of sour grapes over that down here.

That would piss off the masses! Sad that a handful of dumbasses have that much control over decisions like this. Obama/Biden all the way down to city councilman.....

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
The field &stream store at Easton is a nicer store than cabelas in my opinion. Seemed to have a bigger selection of clothing. I'll go back in a week or two. it was pretty busy Saturday night...

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
The field &stream store at Easton is a nicer store than cabelas in my opinion. Seemed to have a bigger selection of clothing. I'll go back in a week or two. it was pretty busy Saturday night...

I've been hearing mixed opinions on it. May have to go see for myself.