Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lighted Nocs

What is everyone's take on lighted nocs? I have only used them the past few years, and haven't really benefited greatly from them, but they haven't hurt me either. I stood at BassPro last night for 10 minutes debating with myself if I should by more. I ended up getting them, but second guessed myself on the way home, if I should have spent that $30.00 on something else.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I like them more for shooting practice at longer distances than anything. That way I can see exactly where my arrows are hitting at 50+ yards. It is cool to see them disappear into the side of a deer TOO!

I haven't noticed much difference in arrow flight, I use the Nocturnal brand, it's one of the lightest on the market. I have noticed just a slight drop in yards past 40. So, I would just pratice with them on, to know what your arrow does.

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
I have them on every arrow in the quiver, I think recovering the arrow after the shot is the most important tool in recovery if you do not see that deer fall. I use the Nockternals as well, after a few pass throughs with the Lumenoks a few years back they would turn off so I moved to the manual shut off type. I just picked up a three pack at Fishermans Warehouse the other night for 24.00, they were on sale!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Haven't really noticed a difference in flight with the nocturnals. I keep my burned out ones and put them on my arrows for practice. That way I always have them on there but can save the good ones for when prime time comes.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Yea I also use the Nocturnals. No difference in arrow flight for me. And I agree it makes recovering the arrow after a pass through or if the arrow come out of the deer 100yds always. It sucks loosing arrows. Arrows and broadheads are not cheap to replace all the time. Pretty cool to practice with too

Treed

Stark County
20 grains. I don't wrap my shafts and the GT nocks I use are 11. Heck, I may have to give those a shot TOO. Not sure I'd want them on a wrapped shaft though.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Never used the pink ones, but I can say from experience, the green are much brighter than the red or blue. They can be difficult to see from the side when they are filled with blood. I usually see the better from the back after a pass through.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Anybody shooting a crossbow, the Horton nocks are real cheap right now on ebay. I just got a dozen for 25.00 w/free shipping.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
The last buck I shot was with a lighted nock, cool as shit. I stuck him at last shooting light and their was no question where it hit. I use em!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have used lighted nocks but usually my hunting arrows just have regular nocks. I make my own lighted ones for just a few bucks. They work great, I just don't like the extra weight in the rear of the arrow. I've been putting a thin strip of reflective tape around my arrows instead. Makes for easy recovery with a flashlight.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Shot them for a couple years. Went to the nocturnals and love them. No difference in arrow flight. And it's cool when they disappear in the goodies. They also help with watching arrow flight when tuning.