Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Third Hand Bow Holder and Stabilizer Straps

Treed

Stark County
I ordered a bow holder and stabilizer straps from Third Hand Archery. Dang. They're both awesome. What else is there to say?

The bow holder is really heavy duty and holds the bow incredibly well. I sat there bumping my bow trying to knock it loose, no dice. It held tight. You can also rotate the bow in the bow holder and climb with the bow in it. I tried this today and it worked great. I went slower than I usually do and it takes a minute to get used to the weight on one side when you're climbing but it's a piece of cake. This will eliminate a step, save some time, eliminate the movement of hauling my bow up on a rope, and I have my bow with me as I'm climbing if a deer happened to come in while I was getting set up or getting down. Far fetched but it can happen. The bow holder is also permanently mounted and doesn't get in the way when packing the climber up which is a first for me, my Summit and bow holders.

The stabilizer straps should be a factory accessory on all climbers. By cinching the top section down to the bottom section you wind up with a rock solid stand that doesn't go anywhere when you stand up and move around. It feels like a ladder stand or a hang on. The straps also eliminate the need for a tether cord, they're plenty long, when you're climbing you just leave some slack in them and when you get up, pull them tight. The difference in how my stand feels with these straps cinched down is unreal. I've never had a problem with heights and I've always felt fairly safe in my climber but there's been a couple times I've bumped it when going to sit down and had it drop out from under my ass.....At twenty feet up that's never fun. I feel about 500% safer with the straps cinched down and both sections of my stand rock solid.

I know there are a ton of little gadgets that we can waste our money on to go after tasty game animals and I've fallen victim to a few of them that didn't work as advertised or were a good idea but cheaply constructed garbage that fell apart after a couple days out in the woods but I would strongly recommend both of these products to any of my friends. They work and they work well and they're not outrageously expensive either. Here's a link to their website.

www.thirdhandarchery.com

Have a good season.
Josh
4.JPG
Sorry about the pic size! Click on it and you can see a little better.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Nice review josh. I have heard about these for a couple years but not
Indulged.

They had them at the Bowhunter's Supershow two years ago, can't recall if they were there last year or not. The straps sure look to be a good idea and the bow holder would be a nice addition to any seat style climber. Not sure if I'd climb with the bow in it even if it's as stable as they say though. I would likely still carry two pull up ropes, one for my bow and one for my back pack.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Straps look like some standard military issue type. Probably pick them up cheaper if you knew where to look, but they weren't terribly priced on the website. Several nice products on their website. Thanks for sharing. I have too many stands to buy one for each stand. Hate to carry wrenches to the stand with me to mount before every hunt.

Treed

Stark County
I'm digging that stand dude!

Lol...I've been messing with that thing for a few weeks. I think it has about five coats of paint now and I know I've bolted more accessories on it than I have my truck. I've never really been OCD before, deer season does strange things to a man.

ASAT.JPG

Last edited:
I used the straps from thirdhand a few seasons ago and I had the same result with my summit viper ss...I pretty much had the same setup (stand,seat,footrest,molle II etc) and all those mods really transform that stand.I have a Lone Wolf climber now which comes with the straps(plastic buckles though:smiley_boos:).But they will be swapped to thirdhand straps soon.I got some footrest for it and awesome Lonewolf Pack System ,but still need to get the hazmore seat.

Treed

Stark County
I left it out on the screened porch for a week after it got it's last paint job, heck, it's still out there now. Anyway, the paint smell was gone after a week. I do plan to spray it down and smoke it up real good when I'm hunting with it though.

Stonewall

Bar none the best two products I have bought for hunting from a climber in a long time. Paint the bow holder as mentioned above. Will not climb a tree without the stabilizer straps!