Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Armed2Defend CCW Class

Huckleberry Finn

Been meaning to do this for awhile.

I recently took the CCW course through Armed2Defend (http://armed2defend.com/). They offer classes for $90 in the Columbus area.

Pro's
- The instructor and owner, Kevin was awesome. Good for the classroom portions. Was able to get some 1 on 1 instructional time on the range with him
- Schedule was practical
- Course included 2 hours of Ken Hanson talking, which was flat out the best part of the class...Hanson speaks at the Black Wing classes which are at least double the cost.
- They offered as many ad-on's as one could as for, for good prices (including ammo) without being pushy
- Included photo prints, could do licensing for AZ and FL permits I believe it was

Con's
- Class was held in a Donato's meeting room...small, crammed basement ain't fun for 12 hours
- At $90, you get some "winners" in your class....not their fault though
- At the range, we were instructed to have a partner load our magazines. VERY uncomfortable.

Overall, not a bad way to get the class out of the way. Can't say that I learned too much, but glad that it covered the state mandates. I'd recommend the course to anyone, with the pretense that the large class size and some confusion at the range would be overwhelming to a new shooter.

I can't believe I waited this long to take the class...really glad I finally did it and was able to do it at an affordable rate.