Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Carolina Wolf Spider

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I had a wolf spider get in my house. I don't know what type, but the dammmm thing was as big as my palm and I about died when I saw it. I hit it, not a good shot and it fell behind pipes and I couldn't find it.

About a week later, my daughter let out a blood-curdling scream. It was on the back of the couch. It was dead after that. Creepy.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I had a wolf spider get in my house. I don't know what type, but the dammmm thing was as big as my palm and I about died when I saw it. I hit it, not a good shot and it fell behind pipes and I couldn't find it.

About a week later, my daughter let out a blood-curdling scream. It was on the back of the couch. It was dead after that. Creepy.

There you go Diane as there was only 2 Wolf spiders in Ohio and now there's only one looking for a mate. LOL

I just bet they where giving out rewards for live ones to.

Last edited:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
There you go Diane as there was only 2 Wolf spiders in Ohio and now there's only one looking for a mate. LOL

Hope spiders can't read or it might be looking me up!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I had a close encounter with a huge wolf spider once. It wasn't if the Carolina clan, but it was as big as a pancake! Lol.
I was climbing up my tree stand and got about 10' off the ground. I came face to face with the fugger and it startled the heck out of me. I flicked it off the tree, it sailed across a small creek and I could actually hear it hit in the leaves on the other side. It sounded like a acorn hitting the ground! No shit! Lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I had a close encounter with a huge wolf spider once. It wasn't if the Carolina clan, but it was as big as a pancake! Lol.
I was climbing up my tree stand and got about 10' off the ground. I came face to face with the fugger and it startled the heck out of me. I flicked it off the tree, it sailed across a small creek and I could actually hear it hit in the leaves on the other side. It sounded like a acorn hitting the ground! No shit! Lol

The sound was prolly your shit landing below you....lmao
Remember that big ass tree at EJ Ross that had a big hairy spider sitting about 8-10 up near that knot hole! Kinda gave me the ebbe geebeezes when I walked by it in the dark...:smiley_baby: