Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New hang on stand.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
I am looking to replace my 2 hang on stands the season and plan to order to new ones by the end of the week. Was on sportsmanguide.com and came across the "Guide Gear Deluxe Fixed Tree Stand" for 60$. Seems like a good deal and looks comfortable and spacey. Has anyone used this brand or even this exact image.jpgstand? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I have a few and I like them. The only down, fall is the seat. It's not a metal fold down bottom, the straps just go all the way around and can be loud when you sit down.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
It's does, but the seat itself is just that foam peice, and the steps hold it up. If that makes sense. So you aren't sitting on a metal seat with a cushion. It's just the cushion with straps holding it up. It's comfy as can be. Just noisy

I have this one from sportsmans guide. I have it in a high rut traffic area, it's the most comfortable stand I've owned. I have it in this spot for when you need to be in the tree all day.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have the Sportsman's Guide one. I like it, but it's friggin heavy! If you plan on moving it around, I'd look elsewhere. If you are leaving it up for the season, like I do, it's a good stand.
Moundy is right though, the seat is a bit noisy. It's kind of a vinyl type material too, so if you adjust yourself it does make a little noise. Just gotta be careful when moving.

The seat does fold up and the foot space is very roomy. Plus, the foot rest makes it real comfy.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I have the Sportsman's Guide one. I like it, but it's friggin heavy! If you plan on moving it around, I'd look elsewhere. If you are leaving it up for the season, like I do, it's a good stand.
Moundy is right though, the seat is a bit noisy. It's kind of a vinyl type material too, so if you adjust yourself it does make a little noise. Just gotta be careful when moving.

The seat does fold up and the foot space is very roomy. Plus, the foot rest makes it real comfy.
I agree about the foot rest, that's a necessity for me on a stand now. It's amazing how one extra little bar can be that much more comfy.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I agree about the foot rest, that's a necessity for me on a stand now. It's amazing how one extra little bar can be that much more comfy.

Unless your 6'7" and the footrest isn't out far enough. Not too many stands fit me and it sucks. I think I'm going to like my millennium though!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks very similar to the Big Dog IV tree stand. We are out of stock on them or I would offer you the same deal. For just a little more money they have a new one with mesh style seat. Mesh style seats (similar to Millennium seats) are some of the most comfy out there.

Strother23

Columbus, OH

Yea I plan on leaving it in one place all season. It's replacing an older small basic stand. To many sits with cramps or being uncomfortable the whole time lol time to get something more comfy.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Looks very similar to the Big Dog IV tree stand. We are out of stock on them or I would offer you the same deal. For just a little more money they have a new one with mesh style seat. Mesh style seats (similar to Millennium seats) are some of the most comfy out there.

What's the name of the stand with a mesh seat. I'd like to check it out.
What to explore all the options. Some many stands and prices on the inter web lol.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Are you talking about the big game retriever? If so I have one and its comfy as hell.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Are you talking about the big game retriever? If so I have one and its comfy as hell.

Big Dog Retriever- Yes. I haven't hunted out of one yet, but they look comfy. I don't have it up on the website yet. Probably should get that done. Due for an update.

We have several of the SG stand's just like that. Absolutely LOVE them for the most part. The sling seat is very comfortable for all day sits, even though it's made of nylon and can be a little noisy if you are not careful. The seat hammock does flip up out of the way for climbing in and out but for while hunting I usually just slide the sling seat back out of the way. It is very heavy to hang and you would be crazy if you thought of moving it often LOL.