Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dear calls

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I carry the new version of the HS True Talker which is IMO the best grunt call ever made. I also carry the Knight & Hale rattle pack and a Primos can call. I rarely use any of them any more, but its nice to have them on hand.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I bought the duel grunt call down at the bowhunting supershow in Columbus and it sounds amazing! I also carry real antlers, and a Primos can call.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
I have a basic primos grunt call and also a can call. I just play with the sounds depending on the time of year and what I see in the field. But I don't use it to often.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I carry a flextone grunt but that's all. I've been trying to cut out most of the stuff I carry in to the woods. Ounces lead to pounds and pounds lead to pain.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I carry a flextone grunt but that's all. I've been trying to cut out most of the stuff I carry in to the woods. Ounces lead to pounds and pounds lead to pain.
I'm with ya. I quit carrying a pack altogether. I simply keep a small pouch attached to my safety harness with bare necessities... Knife, gloves, tag, mini flashlight. That being said, I like the MAD Calls buck growl... Not as a growl call but I think it produces a very realistic grunt.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Flextone and a primos can call but I don't use either very often. I use to add in real antlers but I am thinking about going with nothing this year. Just don't see the need for it where I hunt.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've never had any results using a can. But have called in several bucks with the grunt call. I also have turned couple bucks around walking away with a grunt call.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Primos buck roar. Turned 4 around withe it. One was by himself and winded me before he stepped into my lane. The other three were in a group. Brought all of them in on a rope. Shot the one that stopped broadside at 17 yards.

I carry a grunt, squeeze bleat, rack pack, and a snort wheeze in my pack. Early season I just carry a grunt tube around my neck. I don't use it to call deer in during early season but use it when I'm going in when it's dark in the morning. If I bump deer and they stand there and snort, I give them a light grunt and they shut up. They typically come back through when it's light to see what was grunting. This has worked for me several times.