Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well finaly I had 2 decent Hearings

Last week Tue I had a Social Secuerty hearing
It took almost a hour and they ask me so many questions
I kept thinking the next one was going to be what color jockeys I wear

But with migraines and other head ackes
I would be missing a lot of days at work and I would never pass a drug test with the pain meds I take for the migraines

So the job placement guy admited there were no jobs I could work at
So I will probely be going on SS in 3 or so months

Not how I planed on making a living at 49
But 2 - 3 migraines a week kind of screws up things

Then Wednesday I had a hearing on my apeal to get a C Pack to help me breath at night
Late last winter I went to a doctor about not sleeping
So I did a sleep study to see how I was breathing

After just over a hour they woke me up and put a C Pack mask on me
I then had a great nights sleep
In the first hr I had stopped beathing over 30 times

Sleep Doctor said I had to have had a problem before I fell , so he said I had the problem before
But I never had a problem , also the sleep study doctor had no proof or anything to back up his claim
Well it took 6 months and seeing 2 other Doctors ( that I paid for )
But they both submited tons of paperwork that the type of head ingurey I had causes sleep problems

So I apealed
Wednesday my lawer made a 5 min talk and ask to have the first Doctors findings thrown out and to get me a C Pack
The Lady from Workmans Comp said they were not going to apose the 2 new doctors , as 1 of the doctors was the head of sleep studys at Wayne State University

Well the hearing lasted 7 min total
With the guy in charge saying he aproved the apeal

I still have to wait like 20 days to be sure there are no apeals
But in a few weeks I should be getting the first good sleep since last winter

Oh well
Now to hope I can sleep at least a little tonight

John

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Good to hear man. Sucks that you had to fight this hard to get some help.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Yes, sucks you have to fight so hard for help. Especially when we pay so much for this while working. Some others would have walked out with a free cell phone too......... go figure.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not how I planed on making a living at 49
But 2 - 3 migraines a week kind of screws up things

I am sure it is not. You are the reason these things exist. Sometimes you are dealt a crappy hand. Stuff happens. It isn't there for the lazy leeches who are able to work. It is there for people like you who have had unfortunate circumstances. Sorry you had to deal with so much crap to get it approved. Hope the c pack helps you a bunch. Good luck with anything else coming your way John.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I am sure it is not. You are the reason these things exist. Sometimes you are dealt a crappy hand. Stuff happens. It isn't there for the lazy leeches who are able to work. It is there for people like you who have had unfortunate circumstances. Sorry you had to deal with so much crap to get it approved. Hope the c pack helps you a bunch. Good luck with anything else coming your way John.
I echo everything Phil said.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Good to hear ole buddy!! I see guys time after time bilk the system, fries my sac to know a guy who really needs help has to battle for it. Stay strong brother!