Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Def going to hunt Franklin and Delaware counties.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
According to the guy behind the gun counter at cabelas, we can kill 3 bucks this year in Franklin and Delaware counties. Shouldn't there be some sort of knowledge to work at cabelas.....quite laughable indeed. And to think new hunters go there asking for advice. rotflmao:smiley_crocodile::smiley_depressive:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Guy probably doesn't even hunt/fish/camp. He just put in an application and had good people skills.

OR

He is in the ODNR's back pocket and trying to get more revenue so they can afford night vision/FLIR and be able to count the deer herd.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good grief. Ohio has NEVER been a more than buck State. You'd think these things would be easy for people to understand.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Now that I think about it, I'm sure that is the somewhat the fault of the ODNR as well. I'm sure since you can buy 3 either sex tags for those counties, the guy thinks you can kill 3 bucks. SMH.

rsmith

The county set up is weird but if you read the next page it says this right on the right hand side

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Older gentlemen, tried talking me into buying one of those sweet rifles to use this year. I said I generally just archery hunt for my one buck which I was promptly informed "this year things have changed" and he went looking for the laws but couldn't find them. He reassured me that I could indeed shoot 3 bucks no problem.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I had a co-worker come up to me all excited saying the same thing and a few of his buddies are all gungho about killing up to 3 bucks this year!!!! I said, "ya better tell them to check again cuz Ohio has never been more than a one buck state and will never change that law! I told him the 3 either or tags don't mean you can kill 3 bucks its all about charging you more money to kill a doe with a tag that legal all season unlike the rip off urban tags that expire around the first week in December!

Just goes to show how uninformed so many people are!

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
This type of thing goes on every year. Why they just don't have one either sex tag and then $24 doe tags for those counties with the 3 deer limits is beyond me. Not to mention the "discounted" antlerless tags.

jlane

dunn nc
I had a co-worker come up to me all excited saying the same thing and a few of his buddies are all gungho about killing up to 3 bucks this year!!!! I said, "ya better tell them to check again cuz Ohio has never been more than a one buck state and will never change that law! I told him the 3 either or tags don't mean you can kill 3 bucks its all about charging you more money to kill a doe with a tag that legal all season unlike the rip off urban tags that expire around the first week in December!

Just goes to show how uninformed so many people are!

yep, unimformed people, the kind our pres. likes