Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Blueberry pie-moonshine recipe?

epe

Lancaster
I am looking for a good blueberry recipe. I had one I was going to try, but you needed blueberry schnapps , which I can not find anywhere.

Ricer2231

I have a good recipe for blackberry if ya wanted to do that.

There is a liqueur at the state store called "99 Berries" that you could probably use if ya had your heart set on making blueberry. 99 berries is a combination of all different berries. If ya decide to use it go easy on it, it has a very strong flavor to it. I believe it's 99 proof, that's the meaning of the name not 99 different berries. Haha

epe

Lancaster
Killing me man...lol... I'll be driving down tomorrow to help dad with stands if you need anything up this way

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Only because I am a nice guy and really don't care for blueberry pie...

2lbs of frozen blueberries
1 cup of white sugar
3/4 cup of brown sugar
Gallon of H20
1/2 Gallon of Ocean Spray Blueberry juice
2 tps of vanilla extract

Combine all the above ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Boil for 15-20 minutes then reduce the heat, cover, and allow to simmer for 30-45 minutes or so. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temp. Strain liquid, then add alcohol. This part I will not share as it took me a long time to get ratios right and that is proprietary info! Also, I do some other things that tweak this recipe. But this will get you in the ballpark.

I'll share one last secret: Keep vanilla vodka and Fireball whiskey on hand if you plan to make any sort of pies. That's your Emeril's "BAM" moment!

epe

Lancaster
Cool, I will try that one next time. I found one online. I used the same amount of clear that I do in my Apple pie. Mine didn't call for vanilla extract. I wonder if I could add it today?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I wouldn't add the vanilla after the fact. That needs to cook down to really have any real effect. It'll be TOO strong if you add it afterwards.