Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coots

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Finished up the 6 coots for early season.... I don't know how many times I've seen every bird flying land with these stupid birds so I decided why not, so I got 6 made up for this season so far.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We see them all the time down here. Tough little bastards TOO! Watch my buddy wing one and it swam underwater FOREVER before it surface. Poor Remi didn't know what to do! Keep plunging his head underwater and coming up empty, then looking at me like "WTF is that thing"!!! lmao

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
We see them all the time down here. Tough little bastards TOO! Watch my buddy wing one and it swam underwater FOREVER before it surface. Poor Remi didn't know what to do! Keep plunging his head underwater and coming up empty, then looking at me like "WTF is that thing"!!! lmao

My dog HATES picking them up, sticking dirty little bastards!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My dog HATES picking them up, sticking dirty little bastards!

Ha! Good!... now I know Betty isn't the only one. I thought I'd do her a favor once last season and shot a coot because the hunting was so slow. Damn dog didn't even want to bring it back to me! I had to practically force her to fetch it up... and this is a dog that will fetch nearly anything I tell her to! lol