Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rossi lever action rifles

I was at mc sports today shopping for a new pack and looked at one of the Rossi 44mag lever actions for shits and giggles. I have to say I was not impressed at all, it felt like I was holding a toy. The finish of the wood and steal was terrible and there is no way to mount a scope. I have a Henry big boy in 44mag and a Marlin in 30-30 and the only other one that I would own is a Winchester. The thing that really got me about the Rossi, was the $500 price tag they had on it. Has any of you guys looked at one of these?

Yes, I have looked, handled and drooled over some of the Rossi lever-action rifles. Especially, the 24" octagon barreled one in .44 Mag. with the case hardened receiver. A very nice rifle!
http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details.cfm?id=152&category=8&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=

I owned a Henry Big Boy in .357 Mag. and sold it about 4 years ago. I got tired of waiting for the ODNR to get off their ass and pass what all the surrounding states have had for years. I enjoy handgun hunting for deer, too much to purchase another lever-action rifle. However, IF I were to do so, it would be the above mentioned Rossi. They have a reputation for good reliability and accuracy.

Bowhunter57