Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

QAD Exodus

Treed

Stark County
QAD Exodus. They look pretty mean. I'm thinking about buying some but at 40 bucks a pack, I'd like to know what you guys who have shot them think about them. Field point accuracy? Swept blades or full? Do the two different blade styles fly differently? Most important, how do they perform on tasty animals?
Thanks.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Fly great are about the toughest heads I have seen. Dude on AT did a test with them and many others...great results.

I also like ST's and Steelforce Phatheads.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Fly great are about the toughest heads I have seen. Dude on AT did a test with them and many others...great results.

I also like ST's and Steelforce Phatheads.

I shot the Phatheads for two seasons and had great results. They're a really tough broadhead. I think Carpn shot them for a few years too with great results.

Treed

Stark County
Well, I shot the Exodus yesterday. The ones I've got have the full blades. The first thing that caught my attention was how sharp the damn things are when one cut my finger pretty good when I was trying to get it out of the package. They're friggin sharp, like razor sharp. Be careful with them. Second was the profile. It's very low, when tightened down, the blades come down over your shaft. The third thing I noticed was that they look tough. I put them on Gold Tip Pro Hunter 7595's that are squared and indexed with helical fletched blazers. Out to 50 yards, they flew as advertised. I was shooting three shot groups, one Exodus and two field points per group, and they stayed tight out to 50. Things started getting a little loose at 60 yards but that happens with field points with me TOO. My max comfort zone for hunting is 40 yards but most of my shots taken have been well within 30. These things are the real deal and inside my comfort zone they do fly just like a field point out of my bow. I was a little surprised actually because I had to move my rest a little bit when I started practicing with Tricks a while ago to get my groups nice and tight. The Exodus has three blades, the Tricks have four. You would think the flight characteristics would be different with these two heads. Go figure.

Treed

Stark County
I shot a bit today, this time I had my phone. This was at 30. One exodus, two field points. I probably should not have taken the picture at that goofy angle but you get the point. photo (3).JPG

Treed

Stark County
That was after a little more rest tuning to get them nice and tight. I had already tuned for Slick Tricks and they grouped pretty good the way it was but I thought I could get them a little tighter. Seems to have worked out. I'm really impressed with these things. I can't wait to see how they perform.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Just wanted to give my 2 cents. The points are deadly accurate and do great damage. My first deer was a doe that If I remember correctly was just over 30 yards and I had a clean pass through and she piled up about 80 yards away. My buck I shot at 53 yards. My arrow buried in the opposite shoulder and he went 75-100 yards. Both deer were shot with the same tip, and it's still like new with no visible nicks whatsoever. I'd recommend these to anyone who loves the slick tricks. I cant say one way or the other if they killed them faster, but I do think they are built maybe a little beefier if that makes sense. Accuracy is not an issue