Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wrapped Knife at Lunch Time

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
My Buck 119 Special is a tough and well balanced knife, however, I found the grip a touch too small and a little on the slick side so I wrapped it with some paracord at lunch today. Here's a picture:

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Because I wrapped the handle I have to modify the sheath as the retention of the knife is caused by a clasp that goes over the handle. I've made a lanyard knot (also called Chinese button knot) that I will sew on the sheath and will then sew a loop onto the other side of the sheath so I can loop and button the sheath closed for retention. I'll post a pick when done.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I wrapped over a loop and then when I got to the end of the knife, I put the string in the loop and pulled it under the wrapping about 4 rows in.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
How to wrap with paracord.

Make a loop on what you are wrapping.

Then wrap toward the loop.

When you're done wrapping take the end and place it through the loop.

Finally pull on the other end until the loop is about four turns in (obviously I didn't have enough cord to make that many turns, but on a knife handle you would). Cut and flame any excess cordage ends.

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Very cool. I saw Les Stroud do this once on Survivorman, but couldn't figure it out. Thanks for posting this.