Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Our new rig...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
New Holland Workmaster 4×4 diesel
Front end loader
Belly mower
Tiller
Woods backhoe (not delivered yet)

Gave it a quick run through tonight. Great little unit with very few things I would change.

Dad was like a kid again. Lol

uploadfromtaptalk1408489635879.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408489652546.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408489663463.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408489678826.jpg

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yeah, it is pretty cool. It will be perfect for what we use it for.

Wish it had the capability of running the loader in two directions at the same time. Up and tilt for example. The controls are an either/or set up.

Also, the clutch rod is contacting the mounting system underneath made for the mower and backhoe. Going to probably just grind a bit off of the rod.

Diablo54

Outside
Your kids are surprisingly not Mexican looking. Kinda weird. That's a lot of hours on Mexican wages to get that tractor.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We were open to Case, Mahindra, New Holland, Kubota and Deere.

It came down to features. Having a belly mower and backhoe on the same machine is what it came down TOO.

And not paying extra for that green paint! I love me a JD, but they sure get a premium for the name. They are the UA of the tractor world. Good shit and worth the money, but its inflated for the name.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
And not paying extra for that green paint! I love me a JD, but they sure get a premium for the name. They are the UA of the tractor world. Good shit and worth the money, but its inflated for the name.

I actually think Deere needs to get its shit together on compacts. It would have been my last choice for what we use it for. Quick connect loader and backhoe is so convenient with a belly mower for easy mowing around trees.

If price were not a consideration we would have bought the Case.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Agreed. I don't know much on compact JD. Just mowers and farm tractors. Can't go wrong with Case anything IMO.

Why didn't you like the Mahindra?

And you are spot on with the quick connect stuff. The Kubota has that and what a difference! Nice to help hook up equipment and not feel like you could lose a finger at any moment! LOL

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Agreed. I don't know much on compact JD. Just mowers and farm tractors. Can't go wrong with Case anything IMO.

Why didn't you like the Mahindra?

And you are spot on with the quick connect stuff. The Kubota has that and what a difference! Nice to help hook up equipment and not feel like you could lose a finger at any moment! LOL

Liked the Mahindra most especially considering price. It was great but can't use a belly mower and a backhoe with them (same time) as is the same with most others. The mounting system (frame mounts) don't jive.

Each time switching between mowing and using the backhoe you would have to take off the frame brackets which defeats the purpose of quick connect.

Mahindra has taken the best of all the compacts and made it their own. All this shopping because of the belly mower. We have way TOO many trees to go around for a rear mount mower. If we were able to use a rear mount would have a Mahindra 4016 sitting in the garage (soon to be new barn) now.

The New Holland is great so far. They are all nice now. Those little, high compression diesels are hard to beat.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've never considered the mower issues as I most likely wouldn't now with one. At least not where we live now. Definitely adds a new layer to your needs!