Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Our next problem?

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Never really thought of it, if bears keep moving into Ohio, wonder how long it will take before there are enough of them to start having an impact.

joejoe8

We have a ton of them in my area of Nc. Never heard of them killing fawns, but camera's an feeder's don't stand a chance.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
We have a ton of them in my area of Nc. Never heard of them killing fawns, but camera's an feeder's don't stand a chance.

do you use feeders up in trees with a pully system? I have heard that works well, seems like to much work for me.

BTW I have had 3 or 4 feeders broke by a black bear in SE OHIO. all on same farm tho.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
do you use feeders up in trees with a pully system? I have heard that works well, seems like to much work for me.

BTW I have had 3 or 4 feeders broke by a black bear in SE OHIO. all on same farm tho.

If they can get a hold of your rope or cable they will pull and yank on it. I have a buddy that has pics of them doing it and they sometimes can destroy your feeder this way.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
If they can get a hold of your rope or cable they will pull and yank on it. I have a buddy that has pics of them doing it and they sometimes can destroy your feeder this way.

yes I have heard sometimes they still figure it out. Bastards!