Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

College Football Talk

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
So OSU nows has quite a few more "toss-ups". I think your D line will shut most teams down though and he wont be asked to do too much early on. I tell ya what, Navy will be a hell of a game

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Navy won't be easy that's for sure. At first I was skeptical about scheduling them, but it will be good for the D. We have a couple legit QB recruits from TX and GA that are more pocket style passers, and Dontre Wilson can run the wildcat. I expect QB committee for a while honestly.

Certainly takes the pressure off as a fan. Chalk this season up as a rebuilding year and move on. The O-line will have 4-5 new starters, so offense will be suspect this year. It'll fall on the D, AGAIN, to keep us relevant.

Huckleberry Finn

I think the D will actually be back in shape and keep us in contention.

JT Barrett was the #1 dual threat recruit in the nation and the first QB that Tom Herman and Urban have brought in (Braxton is a Tressel recruit, as long ago as that was!). He'll be a stud.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hope you're right Huck but he nor Jones came close to impressing me or anyone in the spring game! Way too green! If we hadn't lost 4/5 of our starting O-line I wouldn't be such a pessimist! Definitely gonna be a down year for us this year, IMO!

If our great looking running backs get enough blocking to take the pressure off our QB(prolly Barrett) and move the chains we might be competitive but I see our defense(very talented and our best asset) getting tired and winded cuz they will be on the field too much.

Navy's always a tough opponent with the triple option attack and always plays with heart.

If we win half of our games and make a meaningless bowl game I'll be impressed. If we exceed that, Urban and his staff coached their asses off!

As long as we beat the team up north again I'll chalk it up as season I can live with....rotflmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Typical OSU though, we only have one game against a team currently in the Top 25. In fact, it is really sad to look at. Home games in bold.

08/30/14 vs. Navy
09/06/14 vs. Virginia Tech
09/13/14 vs. Kent State
09/27/14 vs. Cincinnati

10/04/14 at Maryland
10/18/14 vs. Rutgers
10/25/14 at Penn State
11/01/14 vs. Illinois
11/08/14 at Michigan State
11/15/14 at Minnesota
11/22/14 vs. Indiana
11/29/14 vs. Michigan

12/06/14 Big Ten Championship Game

I give us losses to VT, MSU and Michigan. Then we'll drop one we shouldn't (PSU), finishing at 8-4 to go to the Outback Bowl to play Florida or Mizzou.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Typical OSU though, we only have one game against a team currently in the Top 25. In fact, it is really sad to look at. Home games in bold.

08/30/14 vs. Navy
09/06/14 vs. Virginia Tech
09/13/14 vs. Kent State
09/27/14 vs. Cincinnati

10/04/14 at Maryland
10/18/14 vs. Rutgers
10/25/14 at Penn State
11/01/14 vs. Illinois
11/08/14 at Michigan State
11/15/14 at Minnesota
11/22/14 vs. Indiana
11/29/14 vs. Michigan

12/06/14 Big Ten Championship Game

I give us losses to VT, MSU and Michigan. Then we'll drop one we shouldn't (PSU), finishing at 8-4 to go to the Outback Bowl to play Florida or Mizzou.
Damn, I hope you're right!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I will say this though, I'm sooooooo glad we have Urban as our coach after this happening versus Jim Tressel going through this! He'd be so ultra conservative that we'd be punting away on 3 downs if we had a stiff breeze at our back!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I will say this though, I'm sooooooo glad we have Urban as our coach after this happening versus Jim Tressel going through this! He'd be so ultra conservative that we'd be punting away on 3 downs if we had a stiff breeze at our back!
Lmao ! Your so right..... UM will definitely give us a fighting chance!