Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Purge threat

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...olice-on-alert-after-online-purge-threat.html
DELAWARE, Ohio - A flier has popped up in Delaware County warning of violent crime, as portrayed in the film titled, "The Purge,"  in the city of Delaware on Friday, August 22.

Fliers that warn of a so-called purge have appeared in several cities, most recently Louisville, Kentucky.

On Saturday, a Delaware County teen received a message about a purge taking place in the city of Delaware.

Chloe Michelle says she received the flier in a direct message while she was on her Facebook page.

"All of a sudden I got this random message from somebody I didn't know and they didn't have a profile picture either," said Chloe Michelle.

Chloe says when she opened the message all she found was a flier with text on the bottom that said: "A purge will take place from 8:30pm until 6:30AM the following morning taking place in Delaware, OH on the date of 8/22/14 this purge is promised."

"When I saw it, I didn't know if it was a joke or not after hearing about other purges going on in different areas it just kind of threw me off a little bit," said Michelle.

In the movie "The Purge," and its sequel "The Purge: Anarchy," all crime is legal for 12 hours, every year, to purge the population of illegal behavior.

On Saturday, police in Louisville, Kentucky, questioned a teenager who was accused of starting a "purge" rumor in the city.

A flier was circulated on social media and promised the "purge" in Louisville this weekend, but city police said they did not see a higher crime rate on Friday.

Still, investigators stepped up patrols at the Kentucky State Fair because of an incidence of mob violence in the city last spring.

Delaware police said they had not seen the flier prior to 10TV sharing it with them, but said they had already been on alert that this threat could make its way to central Ohio.

Michelle said she's pleased police are aware, because hoax or not, she's worried.

"I just think we should take it seriously because you never know what will happen with people and how things are going in the world today so it's kind of crazy," said Michelle.

Delaware police encourage anyone who receives a flier to contact them.

While I consider this to be a probable prank AND I don't live within Delaware proper, I am close enough that additional steps will be taken so that if it proves to be true I will be adequately prepared.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
It's nice to now our this generation has so much time on their hands for activities like this. Really creates a sense of hope...

Fuggin morons.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for sharing. Never heard of such a thing before. Guess I am old and out of the loop of things the lazy slacker leaches on society are doing now.

Diablo54

Outside
I guess if they want to purge go ahead. Just don't try to purge around here. Good way to end up in a hole. Or just dead or in a cave missing fingers. Or hanging on the side of the road to prove a point. Did I say all that out loud?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I guess if they want to purge go ahead. Just don't try to purge around here. Good way to end up in a hole. Or just dead or in a cave missing fingers. Or hanging on the side of the road to prove a point. Did I say all that out loud?

HA. Lots of good places out here to hide the body of some dipshit wanna be purger. The biggest decision is what weapon to use. Becoming a father has shown/taught me several things. One thing it did was amplify my "defender" genes. The thought of taking down someone trying to harm my family is simply matter of fact now. You want to die early, attack my family...

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Damn kids are all caught up in zombies and purges. Back in my day it was Fast Times at Ridgmont High and Porky's. Tits and ass... Not stupid shit.

Ditto Mike! Two classics right there too I might add!lol

Haha, just realized now that this was my 15,000th post! In other words and I'll quote a title of one of my all time greats in country music Waylon Jennings songs, I'm a Ramblin' Man! LMAO

Last edited: