Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Snake

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
About 2 weeks ago the wife said she seen a big snake crawl into the garage. I looked for it and never seen it.
Tonight I stepped out of the house and the damn thing is laying on the step. I hate snakes in general. About a 3' black snake.
I tried to pin it down with a broom and the damn thing would bite at the handle. Mean little bastard. Never did get it pinned down before it crawled away under my roll around toolbox. And I sure as hell wasn't going under there after it. Another day hopefully it'll be a dead one .

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I hate snakes too man. I ram one over with my truck the other day and it made me quiver. The only plus to black snakes is they'll kill you're copperheads

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I don't mind snakes and blacks snakes are great to have around to keep the rodent population in check. I wouldn't want them in my house or garage though.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I don't mind snakes as long as I know they are there. Same with spiders. But surprise me with one and I'll probably jump like a sissy! lmao

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
I'm with Jesse! I know they are there, they are OK. SURPRISE me and their ass is in TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Not a fan, when I was at my cabin there was one by the steps that curled up and hissed at me. Shovel to the head fixed him. But I let them go now. Now that I know they keep the rodents out of the cabin.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You guys are a bunch of girls. Y'all barely have any poisonous snake in this state. My sister back in Mississippi sent me this pic yesterday from her flowered. .

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408113549.476133.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408113535.060904.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What is that Joe

It's a worm that gets about 20 inches and hunts earthworms. Yeah. A worm that eats worms. cut it in half and it'll grow in to two worms. And it's got teefs. Technically it's a worm that acts like a snake.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I was walking through the garage today and seen a black rope laying where it shouldn't be. It was the snake.
Seemed strange but his head couldn't handle the blow from a 3 lb. hand sledge. Hmm.
Measured 46". damn I hope there's no more.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Funny you should post this Frank. I was laying out a pipeline in an area of WV today known for its booming population of copperheads. I was down in a swampy area in chest high weeds and was considering turning around when I decided to tough out a few more feet of line. I took 3 more steps and felt a smack (and heard it) on my right boot as I was picking my foot up. I looked down just in time to see a tail slither off into the weeds. I have no idea what kind of snake it was, but I definitely had one strike my boot. F that stuff!!! Didn't take me long to make it back to the truck!