Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Off the road for awhile.

tuffshot

The Crew
I'm back home again, so I can spend a little time reading TOO again!
Hit the super slab about 2 1/2 years ago after loosing my Job. Drove a flatbed for Maverick Trans ever since now I got a job at Kenworth here is Chillicothe. It has been quite a ride. Sure have missed the crack of a twig while sitting in the cool fall air about 20 feet in the air. I did manage to Grill a couple of deer while driving the truck but couldn't stop to pick them up.:)

tuffshot

The Crew
I did make some new friends while on the road. A group of NG from PA were going to KY for their 2 week training. One of their Strikers broke down and had to be towed. They were setting up camp at the truck stop I stayed at when a storm came up. I jumped out of the truck and asked if they had cots and sleeping bags and they said yes so I had all 7 of they throw them in the back of my
Conestogga trailer so they could sleep in it that night. We had a storm that lasted about 4 hours and they stayed dryer than if left outside. They even called Maverick and said they appreciated my helping out.

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net...097_644521708960692_3498162136532495214_o.jpg

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Glad you're able to be home now, Don. I almost called you this weekend to see if you were in and wanted to shoot. Turns out we didn't go either, but maybe we'll squeeze in some range time before season comes in!