Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

PVC Gravity feeder

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I made two of these this winter and I'm getting one of them ready. I hope my idea of threaded rod keeps the critters off.
uploadfromtaptalk1407533662499.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407533675425.jpg

Last edited:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
nice feeder man! I am thinking those rods are gonna act like nice handles for the coons to hangon too, unless you wrap those in barb wire! I could be wrong tho, woudlnt be the first time!

rsmith

I never even thought of using those as coon blockers!! Please let us know how it works I am very interested in how that will work out

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Only time will tell how it works. Just keep a cam on it and you know pretty quick if the coons are going to eat up all the corn. It looks good though

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Thanks guys. I'm also going to drill 3" drywall screws up through the inside top.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'll put this out in a week or so but won't start filling it until later in the season.
uploadfromtaptalk1407696221248.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407696229702.jpg

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
You are going to have a problem with that design. I tried the same thing. Corn will just run right out the end. You will need a 45 on the end, not a 90. And even with all of those spikes and nails and screws, the coons will still get to it. Speaking from experience.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
You are going to have a problem with that design. I tried the same thing. Corn will just run right out the end. You will need a 45 on the end, not a 90. And even with all of those spikes and nails and screws, the coons will still get to it. Speaking from experience.
Do you mean added to the 90˚ elbow that is on there?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What's the problems with coons climbing it if it has a top cap?

I never put an elbow on the ones I made, just took and cut a big square out of one end like the one on this antler trap.

Last edited: