Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muck Boots

NCridgehunter

Anyone here own or buy muck boots?? Big controversy on them donating money to the Humane society of the United States (this group is against pretty much anything outdoors ie hunting fishing and horseback riding)?? When confronted The Original Muck Boot Company claimed that it was all a big misunderstanding yadda yadda yadda. I for one dont own any and dont think I will be purchasing any in the future. Whats yalls take on it?

Attachments

• muccckkkk boots.jpg
    muccckkkk boots.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 123

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've been wearing Muck boots for 2 yrs. now. The best boots I've ever had in 50 yrs.
I surely didn't know of their being in bed with Humane Society. If they are I won't buy another pair.

I also have muck boots and they are prob the best boots I've owned. I'm with you guys on this one, if it's true I won't buy anymore.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Muck Boots released a statement August 5, saying “our post inaccurately stated that a donation was made to The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS).” The company goes on to say that family members of an employee who passed away recently suggested that co-workers could donate money to the Humane Association of Northwestern Rhode Island, a local shelter mostly for cats. “They are not affiliated with HSUS as the posts incorrectly stated,” Muck Boots states.

NCridgehunter

I did see on their page about donating to the humane society in Rhode Island but from what I am hearing the humane society has yet to receive any donations close to that amount from any organization. Just seems to me like Muck is trying to do damage control, however its not very convincing right now. Just my two cents.

Attachments

• muccckky.jpg
    muccckky.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 97

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I did see on their page about donating to the humane society in Rhode Island but from what I am hearing the humane society has yet to receive any donations close to that amount from any organization. Just seems to me like Muck is trying to do damage control, however its not very convincing right now. Just my two cents.

I didn't see anywhere where Muck said they made a donation to the humane society of rhode Island. They said a family member of a worker that passed away suggested donations in their honor. Muck said they were having a fundraiser and wrongly tagged the HSUS instead of the humane society of Rhode Island. It's a common mistake.

On another note. Most people don't know the humane society of the United States has nothing to do with the local humane society.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Someone sure stepped on their dick. Be interesting to see if any heads roll over this. It will no doubt cost them sales and customers.

NCridgehunter

Someone sure stepped on their dick. Be interesting to see if any heads roll over this. It will no doubt cost them sales and customers.

No doubt about that. People are definitely pissed about it that's for sure. Jacakalope I got that part, however the fundraiser supposedly raised close to 2 grand and the Rhode Island Humane Society has yet to receive any donation that large from anyone. Just kinda weird that The local Humane Society in Rhode Island and muck boots aren't clicking on their statements. Be interesting to see how it plays out. And yes agreed that most people don't know the difference, the HSUS are a bunch of money hungry douche canoes.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well that comment surely didn't clear up anything. " we don't condemn them but actually share many of their values".

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
And in other news, in the past five years the ODOW has done more damage to deer hunting in Ohio than HSUS has managed to do in 60.

T Joe

I've been wearing Muck boots for a good while, I just replaced mine that were 6-7 years old with new Artic Pro's