Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

georgia bear hunt

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
has anyone here hunted Georgia for bear, my uncle moved there last year and is part of a hunting club that seems to be loaded with bears, hes been sending me updates and pics on what there seeing says there isnt many deer down there but the seasons open the same day as bear, sept 13th i dont think there really big bears but ive always wanted too try it, im thinking instead of hunting kentucky deer opener i will wait a few weeks and go to georgia. my uncle thinks we will have a good chance at one because nobody really hunts them on there club. bear.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't know anything about bears. But, I do know that some of the coastal areas of the south have some GIANT bears.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
neither do i brock some of the pictures look like there some decent sized bears but from what i heard they are very deceiving. id have a place to stay that wouldn't cost me anything the license looks to only be 195 $(think there like Tennessee when you buy the big game license you get your tags with it). plus fuel and food id say i could do it for around 600 bucks or less. id say thats pretty cheap to have a chance at a bear and maybe a deer on the same hunt.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Well I put in for my vacation for opening day down there. I'm pretty excited going to bust ass at home the next month getting stands hung and all my honey do's done so I don't get any crap for going.