Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Erie report August 2nd and 3rd

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
Here you go Brock......Saturday Clint Smith and the boys started out perch fishing north east of little pick reef and had a really good bite going until Mother Nature decided to interrupt us with strong winds, rain and an impressive lightning show. We yanked the anchor and rode out the storm that lasted about an hour and a half! After the storm, we decided to go after the eyes north east of niagra reef. We pulled spoons, j-7's, and harnesses behind jet divers and ended up with 25 walleye with the biggest going just over 28"! Great day with a great crew, already looking forward to their trip next year. Today I took my dad, two brothers, 3yr old niece and Kenley perch fishing near where we walleye fished yesterday. The action was pretty much up and down from the time we started. The perch were a little smaller than the jumbo's we caught yesterday but we ended with 20 lbs in an hour and a half of fishing. With football starting in the morning, I am off until Saturday. I apologize for not posting reports this year, I have been super busy and just got lazy. In a wrap, fishing has been awesome! I have run around 40 walleye charters and had a limit or within a couple fish of a limit every trip but one! Most of our fish have been caught trolling worm harnesses, spoons, and j-7's but we did have a couple days where we had limit catches casting worms. Perch season is starting to heat up now and if the past couple days are an indication to the rest of the summer/fall, it is going to be fun.

Ryan
Eye Spy Charters

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 198
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for the update Ryan, I've always enjoyed 'em! Clint said you guys slammed 'em pretty good, while we managed one dink perch from Rocky yesterday. Good grief, what a difference a couple hundred miles makes!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Sounds like you are the only one that did good on the walleyes that I know of....I know at least a dozen different guys that fished that area and the most walleyes anybody caught on any trip was 11 fish....

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
It was a tough bite for some of the guys but I was able to locate a small pod of active fish and just kept in that 1/2 mile area the whole time. There were a lot of fish marking in other areas but they just didn't want to bite. There have been fish in that area for 4 weeks now.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Got ya.. I found a small pod yesterday west of green island....caught 11 in there and then it died down. Did the same thing Saturday evening out that way, got 7 in about 2 hours before dark. I agree with finding those small pods of fish. GPS is a must for staying on them.