Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wrist slap

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
So my buddy and I went out the other day to shoot a 30 target range. Well I noticed as time went on, my string started slapping my wrist. But it doesn't make any sense because it's my lower wrist, right by my hand. It's to the point now that I can't even shoot because my wrist is welted, and it hurts like a beotch. I'm just confused because I've never gotten the wrist slap in this area before, and there's nothing that could/should be hitting me here. I know for a fact I'm not holding my bow any different than I ever have.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
uploadfromtaptalk1406634399111.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406634423758.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406634470228.jpg

I just don't even see any strings that could come up that far towards my handle to be able to hit my hand.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It doesn't take much of an adjustment in the angle of your wrist to start smacking it with the string. If your draw is a touch too long, you tend to roll your knuckles out, which in turn throws the wrist in to the line of fire. Your knuckles should be in a straight line with the back of your hand and down the forearm, if not with a slight cant inward. I'm sure it doesn't feel any different to you, but I'm willing to bet you are rolling you knuckles outward.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
two things

1) turn your string stop up closer to your hand/wrist. Its more effective the closer to the center of the string you get.

2) Check you arrow nock tightness. It shouldn't be overly tight but a slight snap on

well i guess maybe 3 things...

Are you sure its not the arrow slapping you? to hit the wrist in that location takes a ton of string travel. Maybe give diablo his handcuffs back?
try number 1 first and see if that improves..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
two things

1) turn your string stop up closer to your hand/wrist. Its more effective the closer to the center of the string you get.

2) Check you arrow nock tightness. It shouldn't be overly tight but a slight snap on

well i guess maybe 3 things...

Are you sure its not the arrow slapping you? to hit the wrist in that location takes a ton of string travel. Maybe give diablo his handcuffs back?
try number 1 first and see if that improves..

That's what I was thinking too. Wonder if it isn't the arrow slapping his wrist.

Cover your fletchings with lipstick and see if it hits your wrist.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I was wondering that too jesse, but if anything my draw is a little too short, but I'll try re gripping with my knuckles facing more inward. And I'll definitely try the lipstick on my arrow, it's very possible that is it. Thanks for the responses, I just adjusted my string stop too milo. I'll update here in a little bit.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Bigholla nailed it, it was that monkey tail. I must've pushed it up a little when I was waxing my string after the last time I shot it. We're golden. Thanks guys!