Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jim Shockey

at1010

*Supporting Member*
What do you all think of him?

I used to judge him, mostly because I just assumed he is like the rest of the TV guys. After watching some of the "Uncharted" his new show. I must say I am pretty impressed with some of the hunts this guy goes on. He really gets into the STICKS.

Just curious what yall think?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Might be about the money, but the man is knowledgeable. Not a fan of his overseas hunts. Just not my thing. When he is in Alaska guiding someone or hunting himself, the man is in his element. I am guessing some of the overseas hunts aren't exactly "roughing it" but I don't doubt the man has paid his dues and is truly knowledgeable. Half the time he looks like he hasn't bathed in two weeks. :smiley_bathing: If I was stranded in AK, I wouldn't want anyone but him (and Eva) stranded with me. lol

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Might be about the money, but the man is knowledgeable. Not a fan of his overseas hunts. Just not my thing. When he is in Alaska guiding someone or hunting himself, the man is in his element. I am guessing some of the overseas hunts aren't exactly "roughing it" but I don't doubt the man has paid his dues and is truly knowledgeable. Half the time he looks like he hasn't bathed in two weeks. :smiley_bathing: If I was stranded in AK, I wouldn't want anyone but him (and Eva) stranded with me. lol

this is how I feel. I mean to me he seems like he really knows his shit. Even overseas, he goes to some remote cities, people barely speak english or have seen cameras before. I found it pretty amazing and I have a new respect for the guy.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Who is Jim Shockey? I've learned more from this forum than anywhere else. Not that watching hunting shows is a bad thing. Like fishing shows, hunting shows are not my cup of tea.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Who is Jim Shockey? I've learned more from this forum than anywhere else. Not that watching hunting shows is a bad thing. Like fishing shows, hunting shows are not my cup of tea.

What he does is somethign 90% of us cant relate to. Hunting LARGE timber in Canada, bears, moose, etc. Its not just like the rest of hunting show who have prime land in Iowa and shoot big bucks over a perfect food plot.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
My philosophy is pretty simple, if I can't afford to hunt where the show is being filmed, I don't want to watch it. That being said, I don't watch Jim shokey. I suppose I'd be more interested if I could actually go hunt in Canada or africa.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
He makes bullets for muzzleloaders. :smiley_crocodile:

(I'm just laffing at my own stupid sense of humor - his shows are ok...just ok)

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Of all the tools out there I think he is the real deal. Never watched his show, my opinon is more based on his writing. I am more of a doer than watcher.

When I see a "boner collecter" sticker I wanna choke somebody.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I like to watch the ones that are DIY hunts on public land. Fresh Tracks is one that comes to mind. I don't really care to watch someone hunt on a $10k lease and kill 190 inch deer. Not realistic.

Of all the tools out there I think he is the real deal. Never watched his show, my opinon is more based on his writing. I am more of a doer than watcher.

Lmao! I know what you mean, I work with one of those dip shits. He has boner collector this and that and I don't think he has ever killed a deer( Wanna Be)!!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..

I agree, I saw a truck the other day that was painted primer black, with 2 neon green racing stripes and bone collector stickers on every window. I almost felt bad for em.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
His daughter (Eva) has been a real "Outdoor/Hunting" inspiration to my daughter.
He must be proud to have her follow in his steps.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
like to watch the ones that are DIY hunts on public land. Fresh Tracks is one that comes to mind. I don't really care to watch someone hunt on a $10k lease and kill 190 inch deer. Not realistic.

Check out the "whitetail adrenaline" videos. Blue collar guys, a roofer, land surveyor, an iron worker.... everyday guys. They hit public land on vacation and days off and film what happens. Sometimes they fill a tag sometimes they fail miserably, it's usually pretty funny along the way. Surprisingly, they are actually pretty good quality videos too. No sponsors, no guides, no outfitters, all public.