Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A GOOD ONE!!!! for me at least!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
buck.jpg

I know there are more good ones hanging around. Too bad cameras arent working as good as I would like!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Decent deer dude. Lay him low if he tickles your fancy! He's got a little growing left too.

Brotha, if there is one person I thought of when I got this deer it was you. I thought WWJD (Jeese not Jesus in this case). He is a good deer, and with my past kills he is a darn good one. However, he has a frame to EXPLODE if he makes it through an entire season. Just hard to say what Ill do if I get him at 18 yards.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
HA! Don't judge anything by what I do or you'll never shoot anything to write home about!!!

IMO, he will disappoint when he sheds. Just seen TOO many really great looking 8's do the same trick. He has solid mass and that will carry him some. Hard to tell from the pic, but he doesn't strike me to be much older than 3, so his best is yet to come if I had to make a guess. I could be wrong, but that's a deer that would benefit from another year of growing.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
HA! Don't judge anything by what I do or you'll never shoot anything to write home about!!!

IMO, he will disappoint when he sheds. Just seen TOO many really great looking 8's do the same trick. He has solid mass and that will carry him some. Hard to tell from the pic, but he doesn't strike me to be much older than 3, so his best is yet to come if I had to make a guess. I could be wrong, but that's a deer that would benefit from another year of growing.

That is 100% accurate! I know it is, and my mind says the exact same thing. Instant gut reaction while I am in a tree, might be different! hahaha He is a good 3 year old no doubt about it.

Big Weff

Athens
Real potential in that deer no doubt about it but I would be more concerned with that square floating light beside him in the picture haha

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Real potential in that deer no doubt about it but I would be more concerned with that square floating light beside him in the picture haha

hahaha I live in Texas now, so my uncle sends me pics via Iphone! hahaha or its a UFO!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice 8 Albert! Good luck whatever you decide. Go with your gut when the moment of truth is upon you and don't look back or have any regrets. I agree with Jesse but will add this, whatever you think a deer grosses in velvet deduct 10-12 inches if score means anything to you. The length of any bucks brows are key but especially on 8 pointers as well as mass.

With that said, he'd still look great on your wall!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Very nice 8 Albert! Good luck whatever you decide. Go with your gut when the moment of truth is upon you and don't look back or have any regrets. I agree with Jesse but will add this, whatever you think a deer grosses in velvet deduct 10-12 inches if score means anything to you. The length of any bucks brows are key but especially on 8 pointers as well as mass.

With that said, he'd still look great on your wall!

thank you! Always tough part of hunting when you at my point in my "career" killed some nice ones, no slungers! So Im really, relying at the moment of truth and see what happens!

JD- thank you for the good luck wish!

Appreciate ya,

Albert

at1010

*Supporting Member*
thank you everyone!

Horton Hunter- this is always the case.....except for the ones that need 1 more year, those tend to come by and then WHAP! hahah Ive gotten better at this issue!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
That's a solid buck. Nothing to be disappointed in if you get the opportunity to take him. If you get TOO particular you might go 6 (or more) seasons with nothing.