Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What will you be using this gun season?

nis1

I'm just curious what everyone will be using come gun season. Bow hunting Is by far my favorite but I always enjoy getting a gun In my hands come gun season. My uncle gifted a single shot .50 Alaskan to me that I might give a try even though it's definitely an overkill. I did get a scope mount for my 870 20 guage for Christmas though so I may want to throw a scope on it and give that a try as well.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm just curious what everyone will be using come gun season. Bow hunting Is by far my favorite but I always enjoy getting a gun In my hands come gun season. My uncle gifted a single shot .50 Alaskan to me that I might give a try even though it's definitely an overkill. I did get a scope mount for my 870 20 guage for Christmas though so I may want to throw a scope on it and give that a try as well.

I checked the list of allowable calibers and the 50 Alaskan isn't listed. I'm sure some day they will change the list to just straight wall calibers.
Nothing is a overkill when it's dead.

I'll be using a TC Encore 45-70 barrel converted to smokeless ML during blackpowder season.
Then a Marlin 45-70 during gun season if need be.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Remington 870 in 12g, TC Omega 50cal, or S&W 44mag. Undecided at the moment. As always, I hope to be done by then.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I just stand there in the morning and say "Ennie-meanie-Minnie-mow. Whoever hasen't killed a deer lately gets to go..."