Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tis' the season!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
It's close y'all. What are you doing today to make your bow season better than last year? Now it the time to dust off the target and make some holes. image.jpg

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Got me a brand new bow and target......gonna make a bunch of holes soon as Deerassic is over. (And I sober up.) :smiley_adfundum:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
EZ Fletch or did you bust out the Bitz? I love the helical that EZ Fletch Mini puts on a set of Blazers. I just did about 30 arrows for a buddy of mine who's wanting to get into bowhunting this season. I haven't dusted off my hunting rig yet but it's right around the corner.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I'm just gonna practice and move around stands. My early season has always been uneventful on the farm I hunt, due to the fact there are no crops or good food source. My plan is to tweak my mid season/rut stand, and co.pletely move my early season stand to an acern flat. And I'm not gonna over hunt this early season. I always get gung ho about getting out there and feel like I over pressure the deer.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Yeah it's the ez fletch. That thing is sweet and the fact you can at it in acetone to clean it rocks. Busy day today that's for sure. Still need to get cams up but I'm way ahead of last year. Gt to teach a young man some bow stuff today so that was really fun for me. Knowledge is good but being able to share it is so much better.

Last edited:
Im going it old school this year.
Honestly my whole game plan for early blacktail deer season is to wander slowly around the woods with a recurve. You cant pattern the little fuggers and they dont seem to keep to a habit. Ive put a ton of practice in this year with my hoyt buffalo. I can hit a 8 inch target 100 percent of the time out to 30 yards while sneaking around. Im not even going to hunt from a stand or with a compound until it gets into the 30s.

Last edited:

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I havent done anything this year. Between the move and shoulder injury I havent had the time or been aloud to do anything. However once I get the clearence to shoot the bow I have a new Blob target that I will be pounding away on. On the farm in KY im not gonna put any cams out just mabie a few piles here and there and see what happens. At the house I will prob throw everything I have at them being as this is the first year there and I have no idea what is roaming around..

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yeah it's the ez fletch. That thing is sweet and the fact you can at it in acetone to clean it rocks. Busy day today that's for sure. Still need to get cams up but I'm way ahead of last year. Gt to teach a young man some bow stuff today so that was really fun for me. Knowledge is good but being able to share it is so much better.
Exactly... I love that about it... Makes clean up as easy as it possibly could be.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I hung 3 cams yesterday in hopes of seeing what I have to look forward to this year. I'm in need of a fletch job and plenty of practice! This year will be a back to basics year for me. Not running cams like I have in the past and I barely have any prehung sets. I plan to use the climber and let being back in shape do the trick this year. Lots of walking and hunting current sign.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Have been shooting the recurve almost every day from the ground and out of the hayloft, also have all my stands put up and trimmed out so will just keep checking the few cams I have out and hopefully hit it pretty hard early season and try and get a shot at a descent buck before the rut kicks in. Also I set my stands a little lower and closer to some of the trails this year since I will be using the recurve. Guess I am ready as i am going to be.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yesterday, I rehung my last remaining mms cam, shot my bow, then realized I can't stand the old technology ( slowness ) anymore, so I ordered a new one, with new arrows & more lumenoks. The ol lady gave her ok to buy some land behind us .... I just need to ask the land owner...ha ha.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Hung my last treestand yesterday on a new property I got this year, I have 2 on it and I hung 10 total stands this year. This new property is 30 acres of beans and 50 acres of woods with a major creek running through it which I hung a stand along hoping the bucks will follow it while chasing does. There's a shit ton of skeeters at this place and I forgot the bug spray again yesterday, bastards were flying in my nose, mouth, and ears.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Got new strings on my Hoyt. Went out to shoot to site in my pins, everything is off. Including the peep sight. Getting that fixed on Wednesday. Got a new blind this year and a new trail cam. Also put out a Moultrie timer feeder. Saving money on corn, that's for sure. Gonna refill it one last time and then keep clear until opening day. Im itching to get this peep fixed, Im ready to shoot.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Good stuff Milo!! I am so far behind this year on the bow shooting it's starting to scare me. The good thing is my daughter's last softball tourney was last weekend, now I can save some flippin $$ to buy a bow!!

im going to be on the prowl for ya chuck. keep an open mind..