Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Advertising question

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Got a question for you guys about some advertising. What is your opinion about using facebook to advertise? I'm thinking about giving away a few things as prizes using a random drawing. I guess what I'm asking is would you be willing to like a Facebook page for a chance at winning let's say a free shoulder mount? The more friends you send my way the more entries you would get in the drawing, or something similar. Just looking for some feedback from a group I would be targeting LOL. Let me know what you think. Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whit...idermy-of-Ohio/218149248263872?ref=ts&fref=ts

at1010

*Supporting Member*
yes I would! i like a lot of dumb shit on facebook, mines well like something I actually like!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
For a local business, I don't think it is a bad way to advertise at all. Can you put a sign out by the road? Or do the authorities not allow it there? You might try the County Classifieds or back section of Ohio Auto and RV for advertising. Be surprised how many people look at them. Continue hitting craigslist. Might not seem as if you are getting any hits, but the repetition can work. You keep listing it and people say "There is that guy that posts on CL all the time. Look him up." I think the key there is mixing up the listing title. If it says the same thing all the time, people will skip over it.

I figured out how to "Invite" friends on my FB page a couple days ago. I invited everyone I felt could benefit, or I felt would be interested in following along, or if I felt they would be good to help spread the name. I picked up 64 new "likes" in around 18hrs. I think the key is targeting the local market. This is what is difficult. Feel free to send people my name/number for referrals. You did a fantastic job on my mount and coyote skin.

The guys blasting your cards out at Max's show three years ago did a great job. I didn't know you then and they were really talking you up. That helps a ton. Feel free to drop some cards at our booth this year. You can hang my mount at your booth if you want as well. Not the biggest buck out there, but it is a nice conversation piece. Good bit unique with the frame he had.

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Ok there seems to be an interest in the Facebook advertising. I think it will target people that want to be targeted. Hopefully it will work. Anymore with the internet local is not what it used to be. I'm thinking the best way to do it when you like my facebook page and like the post on it for the drawing you would get one entry for the drawing. Also the more people you send to my page that likes the page the more drawings we will have. When the "like" number hits a certain amount I will give away a prize. I'm not planning on pestering people all the time I just want to post some pictures and such to a group of people that are interested in hunting. That way my name is in the front of there minds when they need some taxi work done. Any ideas would be appreciated?

Phil thanks for the offer of using your deer head ,but things just didn't work out this year for a booth up at max's. I will use your name as a reference for anybody that wants one. I plan on using CL and county classifieds both in the past have proven to work.

I'm going to start this first of sept. Keep an eye out for a post about it. Also for the help TOO has provided I'm going give any member that brings me an animal will get a 10% discount. Thanks again for the help.

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Actually I was in building four the last two years space #24. This year I wouldn't be able to set up until Saturday other obligations. So with the display I have it would be royal pain to try and set it up on Saturday. This year I decided to skip a year.
I've had mixed results, handed out a lot of cards, talked to a lot of people, even mounted some of there deer. Max's falls in with all they other things I've done just a lot more time consuming.
I will be up Saturday which booth is yours I will stop down and say hi? Thanks for the offer

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Actually I was in building four the last two years space #24. This year I wouldn't be able to set up until Saturday other obligations. So with the display I have it would be royal pain to try and set it up on Saturday. This year I decided to skip a year.
I've had mixed results, handed out a lot of cards, talked to a lot of people, even mounted some of there deer. Max's falls in with all they other things I've done just a lot more time consuming.
I will be up Saturday which booth is yours I will stop down and say hi? Thanks for the offer

Small world I'm in Booth #19 Building 4 on the East end right in front of the garage door. I have all the guns on display.
Frank