Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Tower

Buckmaster

Portage
Last weekend we began a new project at camp. A 6x6 elevated box blind tower.
Here's the beginnings and what got accomplished this past weekend....in the rain.

Clover plot will be installed in the background weekend of Aug 9th.

Attachments

• Tower.jpg
    Tower.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 148

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looks good. that's the way I build both of mine. 3rd one coming.
On the next one I plan to use a ladderstand I don't need for the steps.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like a great start Ben. We sell metal pre-made (not assembled) units for around $400. Truthfully though, I believe yours will outlast these and probably be cheaper. If you know where you want it, and don't plan on going anywhere, this is the way to go.

Buckmaster

Portage
Since this is for my 68 year old dad I was thinking about trying to find some of the roller steps like they have at Lowes to reach the high shelves.
I've been cruising Craigslist so who knows what I'll come up with. In the end, there will be steps of some nature.

Huckleberry Finn

Since this is for my 68 year old dad I was thinking about trying to find some of the roller steps like they have at Lowes to reach the high shelves.
I've been cruising Craigslist so who knows what I'll come up with. In the end, there will be steps of some nature.

How about a set of stairs used on oil/brine tanks?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
LOL, I'm sure they won't miss it!! LOL

We built wood stairs up to ours and they work well. They do get slippery though after the first year, especially if any ice or snow. Handrail is a must!

I used wood steps and handrail on my last tower I built. On the 1st tower I used one section of a extention ladder through a trapdoor in the floor. Never again will I do a trapdoor as it a little unhandy getting in and out. Of course I made the opening too small.
The next tower I probably use a unused ladder stand steps.