Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Drinking the KOOL-AID - Remington Muzzleloader

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I saw this a few weeks ago and just getting time to post it and see what you guys think of it.

http://ultimatemuzzleloader.com/

Quick specs:
50Cal
26" Barrel
200gr Charge - They show pellets, so I'm guessing it is Triple Seven they are using.

Triple Sevens data shows 100grs of 2FF = 150gr of black powder.

If the data they say is 200gr of Triple Seven, that is 300grs of black powder.
WOW that is beyond a magnum charge!!!!!

Funny thing is, they haven't come up with an original idea about muzzleloaders yet.

I recall they had a similar model a few years ago they discontinued and were trying to dump them for $200.oo

I've been using a TC Omega for the past 5+ years with the same custom kit Remington copied for a guy in Canada.
I use a 25acp case with small rifle primers and 120gr of Triple Seven 2FF and a 250gr TC Shockwave and I get approx. 2000+fps

With Remington copying other peoples stuff, wonder what TC is going to do now. I think that is way too much powder and pressure.
I think that is why Savage stopped making the In-line that uses smokeless powder....

I have spoken to Accurate Powder manufacturer who makes/owns BlackHorn 209 which is another specialty black powder substitute and you can get even higher velocities then Triple Seven.

It sure would be cool if these new muzzleloaders were safe... I just don't know.... they used a Remy 700 before and it didn't last in the market place, and now the similarly the same thing but a price tag of $1200 is ALOT...

What do you guys think?????

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The word is Savage dropped the smokeless ML because they needed the production line for centerfire rifles.

Last year I bought one of the Savage smokeless ML. I sold it before even shooting it.
I instead went with a TC Encore 45-70 barrel and had Savage style breach plugs installed and went smokeless. I have 2 TC Encore rifles 45-70 factory barrels setup for smokeless ML. That way the grandsons can hunt at the same time.
After shooting blackpowder for 45 yrs. I went smokeless only.

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's a pretty penny for a rifle that makes smoke!

The main reason it doesn't sell worth a hoot. The smokeless conversion builders pick up the original 700's ML for 100-150 to rebuild into smokeless ML's. Just to get the action.

Lundy

Remington did not copy anyone with this design. They purchased a company and patent rights to the Ultimate muzzleloader company.

In states that do not permit smokeless powder in MZ's it may have some merit for some, at least Remington must think so.