Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New to Ohio (Monroe County) Monster Rumors

Evolution89

Hello everyone, I recently moved here from SW Pennsylvania. I have heard many rumors about monster sized bucks roaming the Ohio country side. I am hoping the rumors are true as I will be out this upcoming season for the first time in Ohio. Have some fear of asking landowners permission to hunt though, due to past experiences with asking, and I really dont know where public hunting grounds are in my area. They are probably packed with hunters during the season anyway. I am hoping LO's here are more polite and understanding that not everyone is disrespectful of others property. I am someone who has great respect for the property of others and hunt clean and ethically and I understand the value of QDM. It is hard however because unethical, disrespectful hunters ruin it for others.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Welcome we are blessed with good deer but there not behind every tree like some think. Just knock on doors its the best way to get to know your neighbors

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ditto to what bigten05 said. Good way to meet the neighbors whether you get permission or not. Rumors of big bucks? Every county has several rumors. Every now and then one of them materializes into someone's trophy. Some never show their faces. They don't hide behind every tree like many believe. Good luck this season and welcome to TOO.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Plenty of stud bucks in Monroe County. As for fear of asking, can't get permission if you don't ask. The worst they can say is no. Lots of friendly people out there.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to Ohio and to TOO. Just join the rest of us door knocking finger crossing people is all I can tell ya. If you work with anyone that has a farm and a deer population problem might be a great place to start. Good luck!