Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New, moved from SW PA in April

Evolution89

My family and I have just moved here to monroe county in april. Seems like I will have a rough time finding new hunting grounds so far. Mostly due to fear of asking folks for permission, bad past experiences with it. Either way we are happy to be part of the OHIO population and I am really looking forward to the upcoming season.... If I end up finding an area to hunt. I've heard nothing but stories of slob bucks wandering around this state. Hopefully the rumors hold true.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Welcome to the forum.

Where abouts in Monroe are you? I work there on occasion and can tell you there are some really nice folks in the area. Might be able to direct you to a landowner that would probably give you permission if he still has the farm. I know several people in the Lewisville area after buying 6 miles of pipeline through there in 2012-2013.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to Ohio and TOO. I wouldn't be afraid to ask permission. The most they can say is NO but done properly I'm you someone will say OK. Dress in nice street clothes and ask away.
Be sure to explain you are asking permission for yourself only and no guest ever. It sure helps.

Evolution89

Welcome to the forum.

Where abouts in Monroe are you? I work there on occasion and can tell you there are some really nice folks in the area. Might be able to direct you to a landowner that would probably give you permission if he still has the farm. I know several people in the Lewisville area after buying 6 miles of pipeline through there in 2012-2013.

Any help or advice as to which areas to ask permission or any advice about the area in general would be greatly appreciated sir, I am in my opinion a very ethical hunter and I respect the property of others.