Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finally found him.....

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Been running a cam in the yard for a little over a month now. I got several decent deer to show up BUT not the one! The one I had coming in every night that I really wanted to kill still hasn't made his return. I think I know who most of these deer are but I had my mind set on one particular deer. I went out glassing the other night with my 4 yr old and he always seems to be my good luck charm. Well the other night didn't fail his reputation.... we saw all 3 of the deer I've got on trail camera and "The One". Last year I guessed he would be low 50's but this year I would say he's solid 70's. My problem is he is living on the neighbors property and they are trophy hunters as well. I just need him to get a little pressure and come back home to the new and improved buffet I planted. Wish I could get some pictures of him to see just how big he is... glassing at 300+ yards I guessed 170's by the time he's done growing.

This years 3:

The big guy last year:

Another that I'm still trying to get pics of, just set cams a couple weeks ago to see if I can relocate.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice Zack. Maybe its just the pic or angle but "the one" last years pic he looks 140-144ish gross but the one below him that you haven't found yet this year looks solid 150's IMO. Regardless, if the bottom one is alive you will have two dandy nice slobs to chase this year Zack. Good luck

I'd have shot either one of them on the properties I hunt due to the hunting pressure alone!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Here's a different angle of both: only reason I thought the drop was 40's was bc he's got no mass. Saw him from the stand several times last year and he looks a lot better on camera than in person IMO. (still would of killed him)

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I figured the drop to be around 150 not counting the drop which by all means count! Lol

They both should be total studs this year and I hope you get some great pics and put one of em on the ground!