Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

People Are Outraged On Facebook Thinking Steven Spielberg Actually Killed A Dinosaur

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish

There's been a lot of outrage on Facebook lately about people posting photos of hunting and killing animals.

There was Texas cheerleader Kendall Jones who had her hunting photos taken down by Facebook, 17-year-old Belgian soccer fan Axelle Despiegelaere whose hunting photos caused her to lose her L'Oreal modeling contract, and now Steven Spielberg for hunting ... a dinosaur.

Obviously, Steven Spielberg didn't kill a dinosaur for sport because, well, dinosaurs are extinct. But that didn't stop a whole lot of people on Facebook from thinking he did and being completely outraged by it.

A post by Jay Branscomb caused a huge stir on Facebook when the satirist posted a photo making Steven Spielberg look as if he had a "trophy kill" while sitting in front of a robotic Triceratops on the set of his 1993 blockbuster, "Jurassic Park."

"Disgraceful photo of recreational hunter happily posing next to a Triceratops he just slaughtered. Please share so the world can name and shame this despicable man," Branscomb jokingly wrote as the photo's caption.
steven spielberg dinosaur

A lot of people on Facebook didn't think it was a joke.

The post went viral with 32,000 shares and 5,700 comments, which varied from people in on the joke and many others who may not have been.

"That's Steven Spielberg, director of Jurassic Park!" one commenter wrote. This got a response of "I dont care who he is he should have not shot that animal."

Other commenters called Spielberg "inhumane" and "disgusting" and proclaimed they'd never watch his movies again because he's an "animal killer."

After the huge reaction to the photo, Branscomb posted another picture of Spielberg riding the shark from 1975's "Jaws," sarcastically asking for help to indentify this "vicious shark-killer shown posing with his illegal prey."
Steven Spielberg jaws hunter

Now, we can't tell which commenters were joking and which were serious, but regardless many had fun with all of the insanity.

"Seriously, those poor Triceratops," a commenter wrote. "If we don't stop this, they are gonna become extinct."

Here is a link to the actual facebook photo, the comments are priceless and disturbing

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I just wasted some time and read some of the past postings. I have a question. No I can't bring myself to ask it since some of you guys are on Facebook. Never mind.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I say we all use pics of ourselves with harvested deer or turkeys or any other wild game as profile pics

I changed mine last night. So far, 17 people have un-friended me and 3 felt bold enough to run their mouths.

Oh, and one of them was going to "report me". Whatever

Last edited:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I love FB. I moved to it kicking and screaming, because a group of us that are over 50 and work on websites, needed a new platform to get together on.

It was when I started playing an online game, that I got over 1750 friends added, that I don't know. If/when any of those people irritate me, I simply block them.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Many of my friends that joined FB hooked up with past flames and ended up divorced. Seems social media has made the divorce rate rise.

That's true. I used to know people that used it to go behind backs to cheat. I blocked those people too!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry but I tried FB several years ago to keep in contact with my nieces and nephews. But after I seen and was notified of all their worthless posting I quit. One brother sent me 10-15 per day "I like" postings of stupid site he visited and like. I blocked that in a hurry. Come on already get a life and move on.
I'm sure it's OK for some but not me.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I had a page for quite a few years. At first it was cool catching up with some old faces. But then it turned into 1 giant Farmville, Like It, Share this, headache. I dropped it a year ago and honestly never missed it

Treed

Stark County
Many of my friends that joined FB hooked up with past flames and ended up divorced. Seems social media has made the divorce rate rise.

Along with that we now have TV commercials advertising websites for cheating spouses. It makes me sick to my stomach to see the moral decline in our country. Looking back, when I was a kid, I can't really remember any of my friends who came from single parent homes. Now, I have a six and eight year old and more than half of their friends have divorced parents. I think the net has a lot to do with the disconnect and dissolution of the American family. I had a Facebook account long enough to realize that I didn't particularly like a lot of the people on my "friends" list in high school or college and nothing has changed. Those people from my past who I still want to keep in touch with, I've kept in touch with without Facebook.
That and all those stupid memes, likes, and games.....how do you guys who have an account tolerate that stuff? lol

Last edited:

johnestmon

This country is so screwed. Just tell the people who believe that the dinosaur was killed that Lord Voldemort and/or Darth Vader can bring it back from the dead with the power of magic and the force.