Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Oh, the things kids pick up from their parents!

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
My son is 3, almost 4, and has a couple of national geographic binders with 100's of pages of animals in them.

One page is the bio of Pere David's deer...He flips to it, takes that deep breath with an excited tone, you know the one, when you see something shocking.

And says to me..."look at that deer dad, with big antlers....I want you to catch him, and shoot him."

He starts pre-school in less than 2 months and I'm a little worried...Still proud of him for saying that, but a little worried.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The kid has a bright future. But he must be careful as that honest comment could get him expelled in some schools.
My teenage grandsons can't even wear a their Life Member NRA hat to school and must be left in the car.
My DIL parish priest asked her not to drive their SUV to school because of a Life Member sign in the back window. My son told him to get over it or he could pick up and bring my DIL home everyday. The NRA sign stayed.

teej89

NE PA
Haha that's awesome! I remember stumbling around in the corn fields with my old man hunting pheasants when I was a young'n. He's on the right track for sure!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Good One bthompson!

The kid has a bright future. But he must be careful as that honest comment could get him expelled in some schools.
[I]My teenage grandsons can't even wear a their Life Member NRA hat to school and must be left in the car.
My DIL parish priest asked her not to drive their SUV to school because of a Life Member sign in the back window. [/I
]My son told him to get over it or he could pick up and bring my DIL home everyday. The NRA sign stayed.

Wow...
Reading that pissed me off.
Your son did good w/ his response.

Last edited:

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
We are in one of the largest school districts in our area, by square miles, and the majority of it is rural...I will deal with it if I have to but not going out of my way to appease someone who I am paying to teach my kid basic abc's and 123's. and he can already count to 15 so I already did half their job!